1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 28 Need a little advice

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jokeysmurf, Jun 30, 2019.

1. jokeysmurf

jokeysmurf Well known member

Things have been smoother but still like a roller coaster up and down. Definitely not as bad as before. I feel like conditioning is starting to take hold.

My headaches are more frequent but don’t last very long and aren’t as intense. I’m not sure why they came back but that’s TMS.

My second problem is my GI stuff is hit or miss. Some days I have no issues. And usually if I just accept and go one with my day the pain is minimal or not even there. However those days in the early morning during a bathroom break to go #1, when I lay back down I get some intense pain.
    I researched what I am experiencing is a Motility issue. It feels as though things are moving along at a fast rate and it causes a lot of discomfort and pain. I can’t say I know enough about this to understand why. My best guess is that during the day emotions and stress may cause it to slow down. Then when I am sleeping or not stressed it catches up? That’s my best TMS related guess. Anyhow it’s not something I like to go through at all.

I am able to do some belly breathing while it’s happening but it’s not easy. It’s like trying to inflate something while someone is trying to squeeze the air out of it.

Any suggestions? Maybe more journaling or just keeping going through the acceptance and see what happens? My last pain flair ups seemed to cease on their own as I practiced acceptance. But of course with TMS things are never a smooth ride until the conditioning really takes hold.

Lastly if I lay in bed and actually think about my gut and how it moves and I actually sometimes cause it to cramp. So for me this sort of proves that over focusing on something makes it persist, but I don’t necessarily do it and fear it.

2. birdsetfree

birdsetfree Well known member

I would say keep working on the stresses and emotional awareness that you speak of and take the focus off of the symptoms which you are mostly doing and it’s having an impact.

Know that this is all the same thing, your mind driving it all, and relax. Over time it will all settle.