1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Mysterious way of TMS Brain tricking us.

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by shmps, May 28, 2015.

1. shmps

shmps Peer Supporter

Hi, I am a TMSer with upper back, neck, forearm, and thumb pain symptoms for over a year and a half.
    I have been in therapy since feb. As soon as I started therapy, i had symton imperative and new one, pain in the right ab (seemed like kidney pain). I had to be in ER and I was laughing there and telling my family, it hurts bad but its TMS. all results came negative as I had suspected and the pain went away the next day..LOL

I have been less and less fearful. I have been more and more happy. I have been living my life whether TMS pain or NOT. I don't focus on being able to do things based on whether I have pain or not. I JUST DO IT and make focus is on how is respond to it.

TMS is smart and Fxx###@@ ASS. I am angry right now because I changed my car 3 days back and by 3rd day I have stabbing lower back pain. The entire day yesterday I kept adjusting the lumbar of the new car, I thought the lumbar is causing this pain. By the third day I had so much pain that I could not either enjoy the car or walk. This is new symptom. I was scared, fearful, sad, angry. I know every bit of TMS process/theory. I could rationalize what was happening yet somewhere i could feel how fearful i was. I was fearful of seeing the car again, thinking about myself being in that car in that seat.

I had to work hard again today morning to not let this fear get to me.

I need encouragement from my friends here. I need support. I need you to stand up with me to this new symptom and help me keep those doors closed because this pain is not welcomed.

Shweta

IrishSceptic likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Shweta.

Your TMS is because your subconscious wants you to work more on the emotional or psychological causes of your pain.
    But it is great that you tell yourself that despite any pain, you will JUST DO IT. Keep going, like the Duracell battery!

Don't let fear keep you from enjoying your car. That's just your "Inner Bully" tormenting you. Tell it to go Hades.

If you haven't tried the Structured Educational Program, free in the subforum on this web site, I urge you to begin.
    Its daily steps lead you to healing TMS symptoms.