1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

My TMS Update

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by Pingman, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Pingman

Pingman Well known member

All - I have been having a good amount of stress so I thought I would come on and post how I am able to recognize the impacts and give an update.

I sold my home and made an offer on a new home. The inspection failed on my new house so I was unable to purchase it. Without any time to find a new home I was forced to move my belongings into a storage unit and my family into a apartment.

With a wife worrying we might not find a new home before winter and trying to get situated I know I was feeling stressed. Well, God opened up such an opportunity for us...giving us the home of our dreams and for such a fantastic price. That was two days ago and the stress has finally lifted....and my body has stopped its fight mode...I can feel sickness coming on. Now that my body no longer needs to be on edge I am getting sick. My reflux has come back, headaches etc....

Good news is..... I am not sweating it. I know whats up. It is all TMS so I will not worry.

I love having control over TMS now..... seeing how tension and stress impact the body and how I can fix it. Things are still great and I am loving life all over again. Hope everyone else is well or finding the strength from the site to continue on.

North Star, Carmela, Forest and 2 others like this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Love it Pingman, thanks for the Awesome up-date. You have won pal, you know what to do to be well and that's the most important part, period. Also, congratulations on your new home, you put your faith in your Higher Power and all came through well. You are exceptional in all you do my friend and coming back to give back by letting folks know how your doing is priceless. God Bless you my friend. Live Strong and always follow your heart. Awesome

North Star and Forest like this.
  3. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Great job, Pingman, you've got it! Thanks for posting.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Pingman. Congratulations on finding peace again through TMS and God.
    I hope you are thanking Him.
    Few things can be as stressful as uncertainty about where a family will live.
    Your prayers were answered, and you know that TMS healing will see you through anything more.

Good luck in the new house, and it's great to know the price was right!

5. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Pigman,

I had a similar incident happen to me just before the onset of this bout of TMS, I had put an offer in for a flat and the seller had accepted. I paid all fees up to the value of $5,000.

With the property market so strong in the UK, between the time of me putting in the offer plus 3 months, the property had increased by $75,000.

Needless to say, the seller saw this as an opportunity to capitalise and has decided not to sell the property after all. So I have lost the $5,000 of fees I have paid.

I guess this doesn't happen in the US, as you penalise the seller.

In the UK however, the market is quite different and a lot of buyers are being abused.

Needless to say. more stress in my reservoir which I need to work through :(

6. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Pingman, AWESOME! Very, very cool story. Thanks for sharing. We have our house on the market right now and even though we are old pros at selling homes and moving…the stress can still sneak up on us. Or rudely run us down. hahaha

Mike, YIKES! There are ways a person can lose $$$ in a home deal here in the way of paying for property inspections or losing earnest money. But $5K worth? Ouch! BTW- That was quite a climb in value. Is the UK heading for a mortgage melt down like we experienced not so many years ago?

7. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi North Star, even though there is growth around the UK, London seems to be increasing at a ridiculous rate compared to the rest of England. PwC have stated there is likely to be a further 30% increase this year. I don't see there being a melt down any time soon, there is far too much investment for property from domestic and international people and builders don't seem to be able to build properties fast enough in the capital.

North Star likes this.
  8. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Whoa! 30% in one year?! That's just cah-razy! My recollections of London (over 25 years ago) can't get my mind around where all the property building is going on.
    But then again, I am often shocked at home clever planning (especially when there's strong financial motive) can squeeze the most out of a piece of land.

9. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Property increases seem to be everywhere.

I'm glad my house is a small ranch and I can afford the mortgage.
    Investors are tearing down even beautiful big houses in our Chicago suburb
    to build mansions. They get the existing big houses for real low prices.

10. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Moving, selling, buying a new house is all perfect for TMS.
    Thank heaven the stress can go away when we know why and after
    the smoke settles, we can feel a lot better.