1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

My success story

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by CMA, May 5, 2014.

1. CMA

CMA Peer Supporter

Hi all
    I had bad plantar fascitiis for 2-3 yrs, 4 podiatrists, 1 neurologist, 1 rheumatologist, 1 orthopedic dr, 10 PT sessions, lots of orthotic inserts and going to the mall one day in wheel chair later I discovered Sarno. Managed to get rid of most of my pain in the past year and started walking upto 2 miles daily.

My biggest success was yesterday when I walked 12 miles in a charity walk. I was very nervous, had registered for the walk twice and fell sick due to anxiety and stress. This time I did it. TMS still bothers me in the form of anxiety, allergies, random pain but the 12 mile yesterday built my confidence BIG time. I am sore as H#@#@ today but there is a reason I know and feel ok that rest will make it better.

Thank you Dr. Sarno and thank you all for your support, encouragement and hearing always!! In much gratitude and appreciation.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

CMA, your success story is fantastic. An inspiration for everyone.
    From a wheelchair to a 12 mile charity walk. You are a hero!

Keep it up, friend.

3. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

Congratulations CMA!! This is awesome news!! I just signed up for a 10k run even though I still have TMS pain... because I want so badly to get my old athletic life back. You've inspired me!

4. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

This is so cool CMA. You have the bull by the horns and your winning. 12 miles is a long stride for those that don't have tms -- your doing great and your working toward tms independence. I know you already got it, you have won just as nowtimecoach has. Just keep to your studies and let time have her perfect work.
    Bless you
    PS. I am almost 2 years into my recovery and it was all day by day -- better and better. I can do anything I want now without the pain of tms, isn't it sweet. Woo Hoo