1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 My success story and 2nd road to recovery...

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by CP3O, Jun 21, 2018.

1. CP3O

CP3O Newcomer

Dear fellow believers and subscribers,

This is my first day starting the structured educational program and I'm here today because of my strong belief in Dr. Sarno's work!

I struggled with severe low back pain for 3 years starting at the age of 22. I now have virtually no back pain since reading "Healing Back Pain". Of course, like almost everyone else, I tried everything out there and nothing worked. Back then I was on my parent's health insurance so it didn't cost me a whole lot but now that I'm 27 and on my own, trying "alternative"/"holistic" medicine is no longer an option...

Needless to say, I'm 100% a believer in the mind-body connection :) And, I'm so thankful to have found Sarno's books.

So why am I here?

Well you see, ever since my back pain dissipated about a year and a half ago, I've struggled badly with knee pain, most recently in both knees.

The pain in my knees came on suddenly when out running with my best friend and has lingered since. The Dr. said nothing on my MRI looked abnormal and my knees are perfectly healthy...

So, maybe it's just some small sprains in the ligaments some of them told me. Either way, I haven't been doing any of the activities I love for 3 1/2 months (surfing, swimming, hiking, biking, golfing) and it's driving me insane, obviously affecting my quality of life.

Anyway, I'm here now!...

Do I have any doubts this time around?

Yep, I think even though I've found success with this stuff before for my back, it's human nature to let some doubt creep into my mind about whether I'll be able to overcome my debilitating knee pain.

I found it relatively easy to relax my lower back muscles and breath oxygen into that area and am struggling to do the same with my knees...

What would life be like without TMS?

EPIC!!! While I realize there are many worse symptoms, diseases (or whatever you want to call it) in this world, it would be so rad to not have to worry about hurting this or that on a daily basis and to just be able to live an active, healthy and happy life again. It would change my life, again...

Thanks for listening,

CP3O