1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 4 My mind is fighting back

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by DontStopBelieving, May 11, 2017.

1. DontStopBelieving

DontStopBelieving Peer Supporter

On day 4 I experienced that my body is trying to invent new TMS symptoms. I have been living with headaches during the last weekend and they almost completely vanished, I still feel my heart pounding in the back of my neck (but less), chest and sometimes legs. Yesterday I really managed to ignore the sensations and the left corner of my lips started burning and itching. Instantly I thought it must be a cold sore but I never had one of those so I could not be sure. Then I thought, wait, vertigo was something that I never experienced before and I know now that it was TMS, the cold sore must be my brain using the immune system to provoke skin reactions. The burning and itching was gone today and I ever forgot it was there in the first place.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi. I think you are already improving, after only four days in the program. Your "cold sore" went away and so did the vertigo. Vertigo and dizziness are common symptoms of TMS. I've had both and they can be frightening. I just sit down, close my eyes, breathe deeply, and calm myself. It goes away, usually fast. Try note to take every symptom too seriously. They can move around and come and go in TMS. If they feel their worst, it can mean that you're closer than ever to healing. The subconscious may increase the pain, headaches, or anxiety, until it is confident that you have discovered the emotional causes of your symptoms. This will happen for you, as it has for me and countless others. Live in the present moment and have faith that you are going to be well again.