1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

My first back spasm. Any pointers?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by avik, Aug 19, 2017.

1. avik

avik Well known member

Long time TMS sufferer (recover-er?) who has virtually healed himself of all equivalents over the past 3-4 years.

I still occasionally get a neck spasm but they are far less frequent than they used to be.

Yesterday I got a slight pain in my middle back (right near my ribs) while lifting weights in the gym. Thought it was directly related to that but it magically JUST got worse...while seemingly doing nothing (although I was coincidentally stressing over some work and friend related issues).

Im in ALOT of pain...hurts when I take deep breaths...but I am staying calm.

Any pointers on how to make this subside?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  2. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

just stay calm :)

You developed all the tools to counter this, so have faith that you'll get better. Setbacks are normal, I still experience the occasional symptoms, although not nearly as intense as I used to (knock on wood). These setbacks can be seen as opportunities to resharpen your tools or add new ones. Why not go read ALan Gordon's new program, it is full of good stuff.

take care

Ellen likes this.