1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

My day today...

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by MAG, Oct 10, 2019.

1. MAG

MAG New Member

I'm fairly new to the TMS concept and really trying to believe I have TMS.

I started the day off walking over three miles today. I'm pretty religious about exercising; although, I haven't gotten back to my old exercises of yoga and cycling.

During the walk, I was upbeat. Every time I felt a pull or a pain, I talked to myself the way a TMS'er should. I was having a pretty good day until I went to a dress shop and tried on a dress for an upcoming wedding. I haven't looked at my legs in a full length mirror for quite awhile and freaked out. My legs just look really weird to me, and I don't know if my mind is playing tricks on me, or my legs really look that bad.

Besides that, every time I exercise - and like I said - I do it 6 days a week, it's like I haven't worked out in months. My body is so sore, tight and achey all the time; shouldn't I be used to it? Most of my body is so stiff (has been going on two years) that I feel if I fall, I'll break! It's very frustrating to say the least. I know my body is strong; I'm not new at this concept of exercising!

I've calmed down since, but I feel as though it was a setback or thinking I have something structurally wrong with my body.

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi MAG, and welcome. I also saw your other post with this question:
    Before anyone can (or should) try to answer your questions, it would be helpful to hear about what kind of reading and/or emotional work you have done so far, and, most importantly, if you have been medically checked out for the symptoms you've been having. You don't have to (and shouldn't!) go into great detail about appointments and tests and results, because if you have TMS, the medical details do not matter (!!True!!) and if you do not have TMS, we are not qualified to address them anyway.

Hopefully this is the right place for you, but it is really important to understand that we here are not health professionals - we are just peers who have done or are doing "the work" (the emotional work) that is necessary in order to recover from the mindbody symptoms we call TMS.

That being said, if you want to read what others have already posted about various symptoms, you can do a keyword search and limit your results to the Success Stories subforum - that's a start. I think you will find people who describe all kinds of foot and leg issues including apparent swelling, that eventually resolved by applying mindbody knowledge and techniques.

Also, for a sports P.T.'s point of view, listen to episode #78 of The Mind And Fitness Podcast, with Jim Prussack, "The Pain PT" (The M&F Podcast is by Eddy Lindenstein, aka @LindenSwole). I just listened to it earlier today, and it's a valuable and slightly different take on TMS as it affects athletes. I think it might really speak to you.

3. MAG

MAG New Member

I got checked out by 3 surgeons and they said I have osteo of the hips and knees. Each had a different opinion but none said surgery. My regular dr said I shouldn’t be feeling what I’m feeling with my diagnosis and then slapped a fibromyalgia label on me. Blood work is all normal. I’m healthy. The doctors and everyone I saw really freaked me out badly. The first surgeon I saw told me I shouldn’t walk anymore. I’m very impressionable, and I took everyone’s advice to heart because I thought they knew what they were talking about. I stopped exercising and stopped living a normal life and withdrew.

I’m having extreme tightness in my knees especially and other areas of my body. My hips hurt, knees tight, butt pain, my thumb hurts and an area on my arm sometimes. This tightness has gone on for two years. It’s not just in the morning. It’s all the time. Definitely have had a problem with anxiety all my life and this all came on during very stressful things. Very dysfunctional childhood. I’m supposed to be seeing a therapist this month and she’s familiar with John sarno’s work because she’s attending his lectures.

4. MAG

MAG New Member

where can I find these??

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2019
  5. JanAtheCPA

6. JanAtheCPA

7. MAG

MAG New Member

thanks for the pod cast links. They help enormously xoxo

JanAtheCPA likes this.