1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 2 My anger and sadness revolves around my mother’s severe depression

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Sheeta, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Sheeta

Sheeta Newcomer

All I remember from my childhood was my mom sitting on the couch watching TV. I didn’t know that she had depression or that she had attempted to commit suicide until I went away to college and lived with her sister. One night my aunt’s friend blurted it out when he was drunk. I was just caught so off guard that I don’t even remember what emotions were going through my brain. The next 20 years she attempted 3 times( that I know of) and was hospitalized. About seven years ago she took enough pills to take her life. I know I have TMS and I know she had a TMS equivalents as severe depression. (I found out she was abused by her brother) I have always had some sort of pain. I had burning in my thighs when I was a teenager . I had IBS after I found out about my mom. Then I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in the late 90s. And after my only child was born I started getting migraines and they only got worse after my mom took her life. It was such a revelation when I read healing back pain that I felt totally different. I was always thinking I was eating wrong or I had terrible inflammation or my minor car accident caused all my symptoms. It’s a relief to know that it was Tms all this time. But I am a little worried that I’m not getting any relief yet as I have been working on it for a month now with Curable. Hopefully this program is going to work:)

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Sheeta, I'm glad you wrote this. When your first post said fibromyalgia, my first thought was "childhood trauma" because that is the one common thread that seems to connect fibro cases.

I recommend that you find a book called, I think, Freedom From Fibromyalgia, by Dr Nancy Selfridge MD. There are books with similar names, but Dr. Selfridge is the only one I know of who follows Dr. Sarno.

3. Sheeta

Sheeta Newcomer

I don’t really have Fibromyalgia anymore it went away after my daughter was born which is when I started getting migraines instead. I wish there was a book on migraines based on Dr Sarno. It would really help me and probably many others to not doubt that migraines are Tms. I think it is probably the most difficult symptom of Tms to believe in.

4. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

I had migraines for over 50 years and sometimes as many as 3 a week. I used TMS treatment for it and I haven't had a migraine in several years. You can read my success story on my profile page. There are also migraine success stories on Dr. Schubiner's site unlearnyourpain.com. Also the podcast, Like Mind Like Body, has an episode about a woman who overcame her migraines using TMS methods. I'm sure there are many more success stories on YouTube from Steve Ozanich's clients or Nicole Sachs' clients. Do a little researching. Migraines are TMS and can be overcome using TMS treatment approaches. You can be pain free!

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  5. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

100% what Ellen said, @Sheeta.

No special book needed - that's your subconscious brain trying to keep you stuck because you don't have the "perfect" tool. Fight back with logic!

Sheeta likes this.
  6. Sheeta

Sheeta Newcomer

Thanks so much for your story as I can relate!
    I have watched many videos the best one is Nicole’s with “Olivia”, after listening to that my pain went away for a day. It just confirmed it was Tms. I also have daily persistent headaches for about a year so to have relief without taking Kratom was awesome. Every morning I wake up in the worst head pain so I’m thinking that sleep is a conditioned response like sitting or standing for some people. Do you know of any stories on sleep problems I can read?

7. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes! My other Success Story is on insomnia.

http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/recovery-from-chronic-insomnia.16653/ (Recovery from Chronic Insomnia)

Hope this helps.

Sheeta likes this.
  8. HattieNC

HattieNC Well known member

My husband has Fibromyalgia and many other health issues. At one point, he was unable to work for almost 3 years. He had a pretty happy childhood ( except his mom was overprotective). So, it was a mystery to me why he's been so debilitated. Two years ago, he confided to me that he had been sexually abused by a childhood friend for several years when he was 6 years old. He didn't call it abuse because he wasn't "forced" -- but was coerced. Also, the perpetrator was 12; still a child in my husband's mind. I was finally able to make the connection between his lifetime of health issues and childhood trauma. Unfortunately, he has no belief in TMS, so I'm afraid he will needlessly suffer the rest of his life.

Good for you that you recognized the connection between trauma and health issues. You are on the path to recovery!

Ellen, JanAtheCPA and Sheeta like this.
  9. Sheeta

Sheeta Newcomer

That helped so much, again I can relate to almost everything you said. I also wake in the middle of the night between 2-4am. If I get up and just do things it seems like I have a better day. If I just lay in bed and think I need 8 hours I will toss and turn then my day is miserable. Thanks for helping me realize that I need to get up and not make anything of it.

Ellen and JanAtheCPA like this.