1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Must-Listen from Nicole Sachs

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by JanAtheCPA, Jan 18, 2023.

1. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

I urge you (Yes, you, reading this now) to listen to Nicole Sach's most recent podcast (S3, E19), titled Am I "Journaling My Way Into Depression?" She addresses, very clearly and convincingly, the necessity of buckling down and doing whatever it takes to get through the worst part of recovery, which is the frightening mental symptoms (like anxiety, dread, and even depression) that TMS will almost inevitably bring up in a desperate attempt to keep you from looking at the most horrifying negative emotions that you absolutely wish you could avoid. Your TMS brain is happy to accommodate you. Nicole will hopefully convince you to do it anyway.

It's only a 30 minute episode. She has links to podcasting sources on her web page here (you have to scroll down for the podcast section) but for "non Apples" her program is also available from Google Podcasts (that's where I get it), plus Amazon podcasts (I checked, although it's not easy to get a straightforward list of all episodes) and, I'm assuming, most of the other well-known podcast services.

Anyone who doesn't know anything about Nicole should probably listen to her very first episodes, Season 1, episodes 1 & 2, from October 2018.

Cap'n Spanky, Mr Hip Guy and Ellen like this.
  2. rudybarron

rudybarron New Member

I just recently found found her podcast and listened to that episode. She’s great!

Cap'n Spanky and JanAtheCPA like this.
  3. Mr Hip Guy

Mr Hip Guy Well known member

It really was a great episode, but then I almost always get something out of her podcasts. She is a little "woo woo" and "feminine" for my normal tastes, but I cannot deny her work is effective. For a more masculine version I like to alternate Nicole's podcasts with Eddy Lindenstein's "Mind and Fitness Podcast". Both podcasts are almost always worthwhile.

4. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Good recommendation for Eddy, @Mr Hip Guy. I have a few specific episodes from his first year in my profile list of favorite resources (and Nicole was a guest on his show at least once).

Mr Hip Guy and LindenSwole like this.
  5. LindenSwole

LindenSwole Peer Supporter

I will take those flowers any day I can!

6. LindenSwole

LindenSwole Peer Supporter

There are some goodies coming up the next couple of months!

7. Mr Hip Guy

Mr Hip Guy Well known member

Your user name is funny Eddy!

I like to listen to these podcasts because the "real time heals" or the "success story" recaps almost always have at least some small nugget that I can personally relate to. Most of us that go through the TMS journey experience a number of different symptoms, and in a number of different locations. So for me personally, I perk up when the topic comes up in any of the following areas:

Hip (specifically torn labrum)
    Wrist or thumb arthritis
    Plantar Fasciitis
    Patellar Femoral Pain Syndrome (or just knee pain in general)
    Migraines/Headaches/SinusPain/EarPain

Cap'n Spanky likes this.
  8. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

Thanks for the recommendation, @JanAtheCPA ! I'm very slowly making my way through Nicole's podcasts (in the original order). I'll look forward to S3, E19. :)

Also... thank YOU for @Mr Hip Guy telling us about Eddy Lindenstein's - Mind and Fitness Podcast! I wasn't aware of that one and I've subscribed.

Since we're mentioning podcasts, there' one called Mindbody Mastery by Katelyn Michals. I've only listened to a couple of episodes, but it seems pretty good.

Mr Hip Guy and JanAtheCPA like this.