1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Multiple symptoms

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by MMB, Feb 11, 2017.

1. MMB

MMB New Member

Hello,

I have multiple TMS symptoms, at least 4 of them at the same time. Should I focus on eliminating one at a time for best results?

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

There is no need to focus on a particular symptom for TMS healing strategies to work. Just read about TMS and follow one of the structured programs, and it will address all your symptoms.

Welcome to the Forum! Keep us posted on how you're doing.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    MindBodyPT and Mermaid like this.
  3. MMB

MMB New Member

Thanks Ellen! So If I focus on my back pain primarily, the tinnitus, Restless Leg syndrome, and lingual nerve sensations (old Injury) will also dissipate at the same time? Which structured program do you think is best? I'm currently following the one on this site "the TMS recovery Program" which is GREAT, and reading mindbody prescription book.

I started focusing on the tinnitus a few days ago, the next day it got severe like never before, actually had pain and thumping, WOW, it sure didn't want to give up and was having a tantrum, then the next day it was gone! But today I have it back, but will continue with the strategy.

My friend had severe lower back pain from a previous fracture and a herniated disc, for years, could barely walk, He's been having to get shots and was going to have surgery. I told him about TMS and had him go through the TMS recovery program here, in one day he has NO pain, 3 days later, still no pain, but pain went to his mid back, used the strategy again, now that's gone, then went to his butt today, now the butt pain is gone! The TMS evidently didn't want to leave and went to different sites he never had pain in before. He's walking normally today for the first time in many years... He is very happy! It's taking me longer for results, but I am confident! Thanks God for Dr. Sarno, and this forum. :)

Lunarlass66 likes this.
  4. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Yea, the treatment is the same regardless of the symptom. You will learn to switch your focus away from your body and symptoms on the path to recovery. Yes, the Recovery Program is great. Many people follow up with the Structured Education Program, also free on this site. You're on the right path. Just take it one day at a time.

Mermaid and MMB like this.