1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Miss, you are a candidate for PT

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Avy, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Avy

Avy New Member

For the almost last 2 months I have developed new symptoms and I was feeling really sick. I suspected that it could be TMS because there is no way that so many problems appeared in the same time to be something serious, but I was freaked out because I couldn't even function normal. Since I was dwelling on it I went to see my primary doctor and he sent me to do some tests. While I'm still waiting for some of them, the ones I did were ok. But, something was seen on my neck x-ray. My neck is flat, I have alordosis plus it's not flexible enough. Came back with the results to my doctor and was told that this is the reason why I have headaches and fatigue/feeling crappy. I was told that I will have to do PT for my neck and my next stop should be physiatrist.

Two weeks ago I started doing SEP for the second time. Since then I started to feel better, some days are worse than the others but I can see the improvement. I also did do some exercises for my neck but also what feels right for my body. I'm eating normal again (was advised to be on diet because of gastritis) and I dropped all medication for it because it wasn't helping me. I was pretty calm while doing all these tests because I knew that it is not something fatal. It's like I needed an evidence so I can completely dedicate to TMS techniques. I'm still waiting for an endoscopy for my gerb, but I believe it's gonna be ok too.

My question is can TMS cause this neck issues since it is a completely new issue for me? I don't wanna go to PT again( I went 3 times few weeks ago, not a lot of help ), instead I would like to do some physical activity like swimming. Something tells me it would be good for me either way if its TMS or not. You can see that I'm kinda stuck in my mind between two fires (as many here are) and I could use someones wise opinion on this matter, thanks :)

2. Ryan

Ryan Well known member

Yes tms can cause the neck issue. As Dr Sarno the brain will not be denied. It will use many avenues to bring you to a state of fear/ preoccupation with body.

I would go the swimming route but the choice is ultimately yours. You can't have one foot in and one out with the tns diagnosis or your mind will stay divided. Good luck your on the right path, look at your life and why you need your symptoms. We are what we believe.

Ryan

Avy likes this.
  3. Avy

Avy New Member

Thanks Ryan. I think that my mind will stay divided until I do all the tests (which is pretty soon), even though I try to treat all of it as TMS. Why do I need this pain, well, this is something that I'm trying to figure out. But I'll get there, I think that journaling helped me a lot.

I'll try with the swimming since I need some kind of activity beside occasional exercises, my body simply craves for it.