1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Mike B

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by bachman, Sep 27, 2016.

1. bachman

bachman Peer Supporter

I have already been working with the knowledge of Dr Sarno since the beginning Of July 2016
    This only comes after living in pain (sometimes absolute agony that required emergency help) since May 2014
    (Even prior to then I had shorter but awful periods of pain but this one such for over 2 years)

Thank heavens for Dr Sarno
    Between July and now (nearly end September 2016 (less than 3 months) I have made more progress than I have made in 26 months
    I’ve had all the steps forward without having the steps back
    I’ve been in more comfort on a general day to day level

I’ve ticked off a few activities - trail walking and different exercises in their separate entity
    Started doing slight more intense training/exercise programs with less fear and then with none

(My background is that fitness/health has been a big part of my life and is also my profession which has made the last 2 years even more torturous)

Even started to run for a little on the dog walks each day

Started doing more dynamic movements like jumping that was not at all likely a few months back
    Started up skipping especially

People have noticed significant improvements in me by the way I move and function in general and as I continue to do the little work that I’ve somehow managed to continue over this time

Also started to work a little or at least create a plan as to what happen next (I am self employed - have my own business) with a view to getting more and more productive as time goes on

Sleeping better and moving better on waking up and getting out of bed

Still some part of the journey to go - Pain and other discomfort still exists but when I put on paper what I’ve achieved in the last 10 weeks through reading the books, journalling, watching videos on YouTube, browsing around the wiki I am both happy and proud of myself

This is where this Structured Educational Program comes in
    It felt like the right time and the right step to now take

I have total acceptance in my conscious mind that I am dealing with TMS as the root of all symptoms and will continue to immerse myself and work on myself as I get back to normal (wow - feels unreal to say that)

What doubts and worries do I have?
    These surround myself and I guess what can be best described as doubting myself rather than the material, knowledge of TMS etc
    Will I ‘get it’ fully
    Its not that it will not work for me but I will not work if that at all makes sense
    Any insecurities surround my ability (or my unconscious ability) to get it
    And also, will there be things I do that regress it I guess

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Mike. You can congratulate yourself on starting the SEProgram. You have very strong belief in TMS but need to believe 100 percent that your remaining pain is from your emotions and is not structural. You're almost there. Don't doubt that TMS will heal you. It will. It healed me from severe back pain and has healed thousands of others. Keep up the exercise. It is very important in TMS healing.