1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

migraines with aura

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by klawley, Mar 7, 2021.

1. klawley

klawley New Member

hello, I just wanted to check in on something. I have used the work of Dr. Sarno many times to help with my back pain and ankle pain. I was wondering if people think that TMS could also be the cause of migraines with auras. I am just getting over one and when I looked into the cause it seems that there is a vasoconstriction in the brain causing the migraine- which would be the exact thing causing orthopedic pain (lack of blood flow to the tissues) by TMS.

I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced migraines with auras, and if that makes sense that it would be the same principle.

thank you so much
    Krystal

2. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

3. Jeather

Jeather Peer Supporter

Oh my, yes and yes and yes. I have had them, and some of my children have them. One of mine saw an internist who said that he believes that just about all headaches are stress-related, and that is a big acknowledgment from a western medical doctor. He doesn't use the TMS terminology, but it's the same idea. I have a number of MBS books, and the doctors/TMS therapists who wrote them all agree that migraines and headaches in general are a mindbody symptom. A variation on a theme. TMS equivalents. Dr. Sarno I believe is the one who says that he could "talk" himself out of a migraine as the aura started by focusing on his emotional state and anger. In fact, my daughter recently had a migraine with an aura that remained for a week or so after the headache left. She was freaked out. I did some research and found that this happens sometimes to people. I told her to hang in there and tolerate it as best she could and that it would go away and to keep focusing on her emotions. And it did after a week or so. If it happens again, the prolonged aura, I'm guessing she will be annoyed but less afraid and will know that it will go away. I bet if it happens it will take even less time.

Tennis Tom likes this.
  4. klawley

klawley New Member

Thank you so much. It’s funny. I can completely apply TMS to back pain but this one throw me for a loop :) I hope you daughter is feeling better

Jeather likes this.
  5. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Had migraines for over 50 years and completely recovered from them using TMS treatment strategies. You can read my success story on recovery from migraines and fibromyalgia in the Success Stories forum or by clicking on my profile.

Jeather likes this.
  6. klawley

klawley New Member

Thank you so much!!! And good for you :)