1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Migraine again! :(

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by kindlethelight, Jun 4, 2014.

1. kindlethelight

kindlethelight Peer Supporter

Hi all,
    I had been doing really really well up until last weekend when my energy dipped and I developed a migraine which is still going on today (3 days). My energy had been low for a few days running up to the onset of migraine and I was getting some of my pre-tms upper back and neck pain and head tingles and tension. My head really hurts today and I am a bit low. At the same time, I know now that I can be pain free so I have so much hope.
    I am wondering if there is a connection for me with my art. Hear me out. My migraines started to get worse as I tried to take a lot of actions to pursue my art. I work a full time job but I have been trying to sell my art. When the migraines got more frequent, I pulled back from this pursuit and concentrated on learning all I could about TMS. The last 2 weeks, I have made an effort to get back to pursuing my art and that's when the headaches started again. I am wondering is it something to do with not feeling worthy, or feeling like my creativity is an issue for some people (my narcissist mother was always competing with me artistically and still does). Would anyone have any insight into this? I obviously don't want to stop creating!

Thanks everyone. Day 26.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

You love your art so when you think others won't love it like you do, well this creates self imposed pressures. Love your art CAUSE it makes you happy and joyful and when you feel the need for acceptance from others or yourself to love that art, then let that pressure go ok.
    I have the same connection to the things I love and in order to be the best I could be and heal too, I had to not fret if someone else liked my art or not ok, listen if you love what you do with no self imposed pressure then others will eventually love you for what you do.
    Bless You

Bodhigirl likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Kindlethelight. Herbie's advice is terrific and I echo it. I'm a writer with quite a few books published,
    but it's impossible to get a new book published anymore from the traditional book publishers unless it's
    about vampires or paranormal. I write neither. So I too have creative self-imposed pressure.

My way is to write what makes me feel good, which also follows my desire to write books that can help others.

I had no family competition, so your mother's competition could cause TMS for you.

Your plate is loaded, with a fulltime job, trying to sell your artwork, and maybe creating new art.
    Try to figure out a schedule where you can do all three comfortably.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.