1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Lumbar Stenosis Fear...

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Lunarlass66, Jul 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. MindBodyPT

MindBodyPT Beloved Grand Eagle

It probably means exactly like what it says...you don't actually have stenosis but your spinal canal is very slightly narrowed at that point. Another normal abnormality. It may or may not be related to the old surgery but it doesn't sound concerning. Trust me that having spinal stenosis on imaging doesn't mean you will have a functional deficit or pain.

Lunarlass66 likes this.
  2. Lunarlass66

Lunarlass66 Well known member

3. Lunarlass66

Thanks so much MindbodyPT, I know I've been harping on this all day, it's horrible having health anxiety and getting all these tests done as they seem to raise more fear and doubt than anything else. You also see commericals around the clock for meds, malpractice suits for botched surgeries, defective implant devices, and faulty joint replacement... We're constantly bombarded with negative medical messages. Combine that with having pain symptoms, a prior back history and being over 50..and it's the perfect storm for triggering mindbody syndrome...
    I trust my physical therapy experiences more than any other modality I've tried. At least, they focus on the body's ability to rehabilitate without dangerous invasive procedures. I only wish there were one in my area like you who fully believes that the mind and body are one unit, inseparable and should be treated as a whole... Thanks so much for your help and support! It's very reassuring... :)

MindBodyPT likes this.
  4. Lunarlass66

Thanks Click... She uses Tramadol for her knee? God love her, she's got more of a social life than I do..
    Seriously, fear and chronic pain are thieves... They take joy, freedom and quality of life. Some days, the caring people on here are my life line... Thanks so much for the reaaurances! :)