1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Alan G. Low-fee TMS therapy

Discussion in 'Ask a TMS Therapist' started by Alan Gordon LCSW, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Alan Gordon LCSW

Alan Gordon LCSW TMS Therapist

Hi all,
    In the interest of serving a population that cannot afford the standard fee for TMS therapy, the Pain Psychology Center has brought on 3 MSW interns, Justin Mink, Elisa Furie, and Christie Amrein, who will be charging 65 per session. They work exclusively with the TMS and have been thoroughly trained in our treatment model.

Alan

Penny2007, donavanf, douggie and 12 others like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Alan, thanks for this information. I'm sure some TMSers will contact those therapists.

3. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Thx Alan

This will help us all, i found tms therapy very useful in small doses or should i say : taken as needed

saskia likes this.
  4. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks Alan. I'm sure that this will help many TMSers. The PPC offers an incredibly high level of well-balanced care and this will help make it accessible to more people.

Boston Redsox likes this.
  5. anasutana

anasutana New Member

I'm fairly new to the forum. How would one go about contacting them?
    Thanks!

6. Alyssa5

Alyssa5 New Member

7. anasutana

anasutana New Member

8. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Bumping this back up, this may be helpful to those who's bank accounts have been wiped out by the rest of the "pain industry":

Mermaid and JanAtheCPA like this.
  9. Alan Gordon LCSW

Alan Gordon LCSW TMS Therapist

Thanks Tom! Your timing couldn't be better. We brought on two new interns, Amelia and Marissa, about six weeks ago, and they're both pretty amazing.

Tennis Tom likes this.
  10. anasutana

anasutana New Member

I've been working with Elisa almost since I initially posted on this thread and she has helped me tremendously. I'm not sure I would have made the progress I've made and be where I am as quickly without her help! I can honestly say that it's completely changed my life, especially when it comes to how I view and treat myself, which in turn has made a huge difference with my TMS.
    I encourage anyone who is contemplating reaching out to a therapist to go for it!

11. Freedom

Freedom Peer Supporter

Is there anything like this on the east coast? I live in South Carolina.
    Or do these therapists do phone sessions?

anasutana: How many sessions do you think it typically takes? (I'm trying to estimate a time/cost for this)

Is the price still $65? If not, are there other places with an affordable price?

Penny2007 and anasutana like this.
  12. anasutana

anasutana New Member

Hello Freedom! I live in Texas and work with my therapist over Skype. She is in Los Angeles. I am still working with her but now instead of seeing her every week we have a session every other week. I started in December and I met with her weekly until about June. After that summer break hit for me (I'm a teacher) so I saw her weekly when I could. I think in August is when we decided to only meet bi-weekly. I think the amount of time needed is something that each person will have to decide on their own. I would probably recommend at least three months of weekly meetings and then at that point maybe you can decide if you want to keep going or meet less often.

As far as the price goes, I'm not sure if they are still charging the $65 or not. My therapist finished her internship and is on her own now. However, you can use the following link to contact the Pain Psychology Center.

http://www.painpsychologycenter.com/contact.php (Pain Psychology Center)

That is how I first got in touch with them. Alan Gordon emailed me back fairly quickly, I think that same day, and then later that evening we had a phone call kind of to determine if TMS was really what was going on. My therapist who I work with now was in on that phone call as well.

I highly encourage you to contact them if you are even thinking about it. It's really one of the best things I've done and continue to do for myself.

If you have more questions feel free to contact me through here, either on this thread or through private message. I hope this information helps!

Ellen likes this.
  13. Dfw

Dfw Peer Supporter

Thanks

anasutana likes this.
  14. adria

adria Peer Supporter

This is great info thanks

anasutana likes this.
  15. giantsfan

giantsfan Well known member

I say the same about Elisa Furie. I too have been working with her since the beginning of this year. She is an amazing therapist who has tremendously helped me help myself to become a better and healthier person all around.

MWsunin12 and anasutana like this.
  16. juliaj

juliaj Newcomer

Anasutana or giants fan......do either of you have a email site or phone number for Elisa Furie?

17. anasutana

anasutana New Member

I spoke with Elisa to make sure it was ok to share her email address on here. She said it was so here it is:

efurie@usc.edu

juliaj, I hope you get in touch with her soon! As I've mentioned before, she's helped me a lot!

18. juliaj

juliaj Newcomer

Thank you for responding so quickly! And, thank you for her email address.....Juliaj

19. anasutana

anasutana New Member

No problem! Were you able to get a hold of her?

20. juliaj

juliaj Newcomer

Yes......we talked, and I'm going to think about it. Thanks, again.