1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

low back pain and ddd

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by jericho163, Jun 13, 2015.

1. jericho163

jericho163 New Member

I saw, over skype. Had alot of symptoms of TMS.

No 1 will judge me to be 100% TMS, since my mri was never clean to begin, much less w a surgery now.

The only way ahead is believing it. I have seen some improvements in a short span, but still a long way to go

2. jericho163

jericho163 New Member

My surgeon cleared me for all activities, saying i can do yoga or whatever...:)

3. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

You've got one foot in the structural camp and one foot in the TMS camp--outcome--you're not going anywhere. What do you want to do TODAY that your confusion is stopping you from doing? Everything in the TMS literature says DDD does NOT exist except in very rare instances. You had your surgery and it didn't do anything so it wasn't the disc. Your doc says you can do all normal activities therefore the hang-up is in your mind and not your body. Skyping the TMS physician didn't do it for you. SEE a TMS physician in person. Your story is classic TMS stalemate, either see a TMS physician or READ, READ, READ the TMS literature that refutes all your structural assertions. If you had a "perfect" body, what would you be doing at this moment?

BruceMC likes this.
  4. jericho163

jericho163 New Member

Thanks TennisTom,

Had a great night sleep yesterday.
    No pain. Then come some days, I didnt do anything special, in pain at night.

TMS yes it is. YES.

Tennis Tom likes this.
  5. jericho163

jericho163 New Member

Started practicising Sarno... had a few good night sleep. I know I was feeling good until I was woke up by my daughter's crying and I could feel a sudden tension that comes on in the lower back although I didnt change position as I woke up. I also realise if I worry too much in the day or before sleep, my tailbone will ache alot in the middle of the night and I cannot sleep. And if i practise some meditation and calming myself down with sarno's affirmations right before sleep, sleep is good. This is TMS. How can the tailbone ache when I am sleeping in a nice position in a nice bed. And why does it hurt only on certain days. And it is always u either hurt alot or you dont hurt at all in the night. TMS.

Somehow I am 100% sure I have TMS. How can I have pain during sleep only on certain days and only on days when I feel worried. That is TMS.
    However when I am up in the day sitting and standing, it is so much harder to "TMS" the pain down. Then I will start to think maybe there is also a structural component. And I know this thought will slow recovery down. But you know....something..somehow....

Giving myself more time, more patience, more love.

Tennis Tom likes this.
  6. Tennis Tom

You're on your way, keep "thinking psychological" when you feel the pain, keep doing, keep challenging the pain, Dr. Sarno said to fight the pain. You've turned the corner, it's beginning to seep into your Sub-C.

7. jericho163

jericho163 New Member

Oh yea, a mini corner. There are a lot evidence of TMS in action. I used to call it voodoo science until I saw it in myself. I am a worrier by nature, and I thought I can "worry the pain" away by reading everything in PubMed and finding the best surgeon.

I got to be frank, before surgery, I thought everyone here is like from some cult. No offence please. I am glad I found this "cult", now.

Why you guys say "Think psychological", what do you mean exactly. The pain just keep asking me to think structural, and the only thing I managed to do is just distract myself, by watching soccer, doing work, talking to colleagues, talking to my wife, talking to my daughters. But because the pain is more or less constant, (not pain, more tension than anything), no matter how I distract it, it will pop up and ask me to "hey bro
    is structural! you need to come solve it" or "hey bro, you need to lie down".
    Think psychological. Since the back pain started, it was in a period of high stress. I was feeling the world is collapsing on me and what I set up to achieve in life is not going anywhere. Right now Stress is going down. Work has become better. Family is good. Now this back pain itself is the major source of stress. Or maybe that was its whole purpose:to overwhelm.

So what should I think of, when the "hey bro this is structural" words come into my mind. Think of current stressors? Which I cannot think of....if there is....is linked to my back always. Like I am afraid of going on an overseas trip with my boss because I cannot sit for long. Think of good food for lunch dinner help abit...haha.

And I used to have IBS before back pain, now no more....hehehe. How I wish my IBS returns and back pain gone. IBS is so much more manageable for me and I know there is nothing wrong with my gastro-intestinal ever. I think this back thing is so persistent because it was an "old" injury.

8. Tennis Tom

Try this: 12dailyreminders.mp3

12 DAILY REMINDER IN DR SARNO 'S OWN VOICE
    Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Richsimm22, Aug 28, 2015.

Tags: Add Tags
    Watch Thread
    1. [​IMG]
      Richsimm22Well known member
      I have attached a mp3 file of John Sarno speaking the 12 daily reminders.

TIP: Put headphones on and make it feel like John Sarno is inside your head

Attached Files:

• a" style="margin: 0px; padding: 10px 10px 0px; overflow: hidden; zoom: 1; border-radius: 5px; background: url("styles/default/xenforo/gradients/category-23px-light.png") 50% 0% repeat-x rgb(240, 247, 252);">
      • 12dailyreminders.mp3
        File size:
        1.5 MB
        Views:
      Richsimm22, Aug 28, 2015ReportBookmark
      #1LikeReply

jericho163 and jrid32 like this.
  9. jericho163

jericho163 New Member

Back Tension came on in the middle of the night. Most of the time, it will stay for hours.
    Yesterday night I calm myself down and told myself I am safe (I am really safe! no war in my country). Tension/spasm greatly reduced and I went back to sleep.

Amazing, seems like this is the only forum in which I can type this, or else I will be labelled a mad person. Seems easier to calm the pain down when I am "not so conscious".

Read some threads here on talking to the brain. Hey it works! Hope it continues working!

Taking it one step at a time.

10. jericho163

jericho163 New Member

Ok 1 week of good sleep. Hopes this continues. :)