1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for some insight on fatigue and headaches

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by AaronAI, Apr 18, 2014.

1. AaronAI

AaronAI New Member

Hey everyone,

I won't get too in detail yet about my story, but I want to introduce myself. My entire story will come along with my success story once I am fully healed. I'm a 24 year old male and I've been dealing a bunch of TMS related physical symptoms since 2007 after a couple car accidents, and emotional stressors. It's all been manageable for me up until about 6 months ago when I was diagnosed with epididymitis. After doing many treatments without success, I found out about TMS, and can happily say that I am 99.9% cured of my epididymitis.

However, since I've been able to get rid of my epididymitis, I've been experience severe emotional and physical fatigue, and headaches. I've been battling with both for quite some time, but they've definitely amplified since beating the pain in my groin area. I understand this is simply the symptom substation at work, and I have no doubts that this is brought on by emotional issues, and not physical. I am however wondering if you have any suggestions for me in battling through this? I've found that when I have a headache, doing something that requires a moderate amount of thought helps, but not something that requires intense thought. For example, cooking a meal, or doing the dishes.

Regarding the fatigue, should I be battling through it by working out, running, etc? I've been trying that this week, and it seems as though that makes my fatigue worse, even if I remind myself that again it's just the symptom substitution at work. I'm curious if I should be taking it easy during my healing process, and not overworking my body. What do you think? I'm also working on reprograming my mind, and am enrolled in Dr. Shubiner's program and am on day 9. This week has been up and down. Monday and Tuesday I had pretty darn good days, with a lot of positivity, minimal headaches, and good amounts of energy. Wednesday and Thursday was filled with intense headaches and moderate fatigue, and today I really don't have a headache at all, just fatigue and the cloudiness associated with that.

Also, what's your opinion on supplements for overall health? I've been taking fish oil, probiotics, and d3 for quite some time, but have considered stopping to take it, as my unconscious mind might be associating that with healing my symptoms. I've been told by so many people in the past that supplements and a limited diet will heal me of my symptoms, which they have not.

Thanks for all your help. I'll be sharing more of my story as I start to heal.

Aaron

Sienna likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Aaron. I'm not a doctor, but healed from severe back pain by believing it was caused by TMS, repressed emotions and my
    perfectionist personality. Take supplements for general good health, but don't take them because you think they will heal your symptoms.

It's great that you are following Dr. Shubiner's program. It has help many, many people.

I think you need to find more time to relax and not think or worry about your symptoms.
    Practice deep breathing and meditation.

Mainly, increase your belief that your symptoms are caused by TMS.

3. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Aaron,
    I still have a stash of supplement in my cupboard, left over from the time I was unaware of TMS. Just eat healthy and I don't think it will hurt to take a supplement once a week. But as you already concluded, supplements are not the key.
    If you need some more advice about fatigue, consider reading a book by Claire Weekes. Battling fatigue is good I think, but don't beat yourself up if it is just too much some times. Just acknowledge that this fatigue is a mind driven symptom and take a short nap when it is simply too much. Getting worked up by not being able to beat the fatigue is only creating more tension in my opinion.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Good advice, Gigalos.
    It reminds me of the humorist Robert Benchley who said that when the urge to exercise came over him,
    he laid down until it went away.

North Star likes this.
  5. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

nice one Walt :happy:

6. AaronAI

AaronAI New Member

Thanks for your help guys.

These last few days have been very rough for me. On top of being tired and having headaches, I can't seem to control the thoughts inside my head. It's been extremely hard to stay calm, and relax. When I'm super tired, and if I lay down to get some rest, I find myself thinking about the most scattered and random stuff. None of it makes sense, it's just random thoughts that prevent me from being able to fully relax. Meditation has been really hard as well. At times I think scary thoughts like there's something seriously wrong, but for the most part, I've been able to control those thoughts. Consciously, I am 100% convinced that TMS is causing all my symptoms, but every once in a while I get that dark thought that "oh know something is wrong" in my head. I can easily eliminate the thought though.

These obsessive thoughts all started after I went and saw a homeopath and was prescribed a very powerful antioxidant/anti - inflammatory regiment. That's when the really bad anxiety and everything started. Part of me thinks this caused my brain to rewire, but part of me understands that since the pain in my testicle/groin went down a little due to the placebo of the medication, in turn, my anxiety increased. It's very haunting to me, as I've been waking up and immediately beginning to think dark thoughts. I'm wondering if any of you have experienced this before.

It seems as though my progression of healing has gone like this. I had back, neck, and pain in my groin/testicle, along with minor headaches and fatigue. Once my back and neck pain got better, the pain in my groin/testicle got worse, and my anxiety increased. Meanwhile, my headaches and fatigue got less severe. Now, after healing from the pain in my groin/testicle, my headaches, fatigue, and anxiety amplified even more. Depressive thoughts have been with me throughout the whole process. I'm wondering if any of you have seen this progression before. Last week I had some bursts of confidence, but since last Thursday my fatigue has been so bad that I'm feeling very discouraged, even though I tell myself I'm on the road to recovery.

Basically, I'm just looking for some reassurance at this point, and maybe some thoughts as to how to better control my obsessive thoughts. I had my first session with Alex Bloom yesterday, which I know is crucial to my recovery.

Thanks again,

Aaron

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  7. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Aaron, hi. It sure looks like your TMS is moving around. Now the anxiety and headaches.
    I think it's because you haven't yet discovered the repressed emotions you may have since childhood.
    Are you journaling to discover them?

And practice deep breathing. Take in a deep breath through your nose, hold it to the count of 4 or 5,
    then let it out slowly through your mouth to a count of about 5 or 6.

At the same time, add massaging "the valley point," the fleshy part of your hand between your
    thumb and index finger. It's the most used point in acupressure and relieves tension in the head.

Use your right thumb and index finger to massage the fleshy part of the left hand for about the
    count of 25, then switch and massage the right hand fleshy part.

8. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Ok you are having these negative thoughts and you can't relax right. It would be good for you to try and re frame these negative thoughts as I showed bruce on our show last Tuesday night. You would do great to call in and listen tonight about all of the techniques we talk about . I'm sure it will be most beneficial to you.

When you meditate do you focus primarily on your breathing? Do you use a relaxing count down to meditation? You said you could easily eliminate the thought of "something is wrong" -- Think about how you do that and apply it to when you can't meditate and see how it works.

When you wake up with Dark thoughts. Immediately replace those with good thoughts of vibrate health ok. It's important that you get your thoughts going in the right direction when you first wake up in the morning. If you have to go and read something inspirational or anything like watching a good wholesome 30 minute short then do it. This subtle change will make a huge difference in your day.

Your headaches are from self imposed pressures, give yourself a break and lighten up. Love yourself more and be patient with you and what life throws at you. Depressive thoughts are thoughts of sadness thought about over and over again -- become aware of this and break the conditioning by choosing not to think sad thoughts over and over till you are re-programmed.