1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Lingering pain and sensitivity after an injury

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Greenfishes, Nov 8, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Greenfishes

Greenfishes New Member

Hello,

I have a history of TMS pain disorders. This time I am having trouble accepting that this is TMS. I had an injury to my right testicle 2 years ago and since then I have had lingering pain and sensitivity. The pain is very sharp when touched. I have been to doctors and they tell me that nothing is structurally wrong. I have this belief (probably wrong) that that area has more unknowns than the rest of the body. My doctor once mentioned that "maybe you are just sensitive now after having an iniury to the area", which lingers with me. There are other symptoms that I experience on the right side of my lower body, but when i am doing well, I can pinpoint it to one specific area, the right testicle. Since I am feeling mostly better in all but that area, I test it out by touching the area and it is still extremely sensitive and causes lot of pain that also radiates pain down my leg and hip, depending on my position. After that I fall back into, "this is physical and will never get better" and then the other pain symptoms return. I want to end this cycle, but do not know how. I do not know what it will take to fully believe this is TMS and to how to stop being so fixated on it. Has anyone else had an issue of sensitivity or a similar pain story that they got better from?

Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2022
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

For those who already understand, believe, and have had substantial success applying TMS techniques in the past, but are now experiencing chronic symptoms due to oversensitization of the nervous system, especially after an injury, check out Pain Reprocessing Therapy. There's a link to the new PRT website and forum on the main tmswiki.org page. The forum is geared around chapters of Alan Gordon's book The Way Out, so you'll also want to get that. It's quite recent, but I just checked, and my big-city library is already providing the download version. I bought the Kindle version when it came out.

3. Greenfishes

Greenfishes New Member

Thank you for the information! I just bought the book