1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 16 Lingering cold/flu

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Marla, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Marla

Marla Peer Supporter

Last week I wrote about my back flaring up right before a trip, I woke up day of trip no back pain and gone during trip.

Later that day I started sneezing and I thought it was allergic reaction to some bites I got so I just ignored took Benedryl and went on hiking, drinking wine and having a good time.

By the time I got home fri night I felt awful, the whole flu symptoms achy, fever, sneezing stuffed up nose some headaches.

I went to work Sunday and Monday forcing myself but stopped all other activities and right now I am on my way to part time hours at job, then I have 4 days off.

I am feeling confused, unsure if I am suppose to be fighting this or resting and feel like I have been doing both. The whole thing is making me anxious and whatever this is won't go away.

I read in Steve's book the first thing we do is think about out body we give it too much thought. He is right the times throughout the week I have felt better is when distracted.

Have to leave, just sometimes I don't know what is TMS and what isn't. I do know it's been a stressful week worrying about or trying not to worry about my older daughter who is going through some heavy problems.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Marla, worrying about your daughter probably caused emotional stress.
    It sounds like your cold or flu came on because of that, pure TMS.
    It also probably lowered your immune system.

Since you can look forward to four days off, I guess go to your part-time job today,
    then try to get as much rest as you can this weekend.

It's the season for flu, so be careful to wash your hands after you touch anything in stores, at work, etc.
    Drink lots of water. Relax with meditation. You'll feel better real soon.