1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Levator ani syndrome

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Alfaman147, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Alfaman147

Alfaman147 Well known member

When I say massage I mean sitting on a tennis ball and rolling on it to stop the spasm

2. Alfaman147

Omg I think I have had a Eureka moment. The pain came back while on holiday. Just before we went away I had an anal fissure bleeding at every bowel movement for a few days. I was kinda worried about having it while being away. Although I didn't think I was that bothered by it. As luck would have it the problem stopped when we got there. But I had a bowel movement a few days after and it felt a little bit sore and I couldn't stop thinking about the feeling. Which in turn this mild irritation turned into this chronic tension. As soon as I felt it I kinda freaked out about having this problem again after getting rid of it for so long. When we came back of holiday it eased off alot but then I went back to work and boom. It was back. But then I couldn't stop googling why this had happened again and I'm still doing it now. Although I use this forum more. And also as soon as I felt the pain I started to up my dose of zoloft again which I have been on for about 3 years. I was told the medication causes anxiety issues to worsen for the first few weeks. So maybe I have got a starting point. Tomorrow I'm not going to look on the Internet or even this forum. Or think about it if I can help it. I'm gonna walk around and exercise. Sitting on a bike seat actually helps with the pain. I may do a few rolls on a tennis ball to help soothe the muscles but that's it.

3. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

This should be checked out by a physician to make sure it is not serious.

4. Alfaman147

It's been checked before its an ongoing thing I have had for many many years

5. Jason32

Jason32 Peer Supporter

I'm confused- so you've had a fissure on and off for many years? That's not TMS and needs to be treated. Now if you're having just rectal pain but no bleeding then yeah, that's TMS. Levator ani causes all sorts of rectal pains but no bleeding.

6. Alfaman147

I don't really bleed. Only very occasionally maybe once a year. When I do the docs give me some cream. This is not the cause of the pain because I have been tested and checked with cameras and what not

7. Jason32

Jason32 Peer Supporter

Oh ok, I was just confused by your post. I can't give you medical advice, but as long as the Doctors have ruled out anything serious and have said the fissure can't account for the pain. It sounds like you've had a sigmoidoscopy too so that's good. I know gastro Docs worry more about bleeding as that's a bigger indicator of a serious problem than the level of pain.

8. Alfaman147

Yes iv had proctoscopes and physical examinations. Iv had it since I was a kid

9. Tennis Tom

Alfaman, I think the best thing you could do at this point is REALLY READ a TMS book. Any one will convey the theory that TMS MINDBODY pain is psychosomatic in origin. Posting here will not get you where you want to be unless you have the TMS fundamentals. You'll only get confused lacking a framework to connect the TMS dots. I suggest "HEALING BACK PAIN" and after that if you want a text-book knowledge of TMS, Steven Ray Ozanich's "THE GREAT PAIN DECEPTION". I believe you said previously that you were an auto mechanic, these books are like an owner's manual to a car, the answers are right in the glove-box, you just have to open it--although many car manufacturers don't supply hard copies of owner's manuals any longer to save a little weight and a few pennies, you can usually request a free hard-copy. There's nothing like a copy in the glove box when you're broken down on the side of the road and there's no internet access for a shout-out.

10. Alfaman147

11. Alfaman147

I'm alot better today because I haven't read on here or Google drive anything. It's there but only very slightly

12. Alfaman147

This proves it's tms doesn't it. Pain of something serious doesn't just wax and wane in severity does it???

13. Alfaman147

Or even disappear or move around

14. Tennis Tom

It's good if you read it slowly, word for word, so that it may sink into your sub-C someday. I've never read it but have heard good things about him.

15. Tennis Tom

No one can unequivocally dx you over the internet, even a doctor will not do that without a physical work-up. If you've been seen by an allopathic physician recently for your symptom, and found it not to be serious, that's good.

You seem to be looking for a quick fix here. TMS is different for everyone and only you can come to terms with it. For greater reassurance, you could see a TMS physician. Do you have any you can go to?

16. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

It's excellent! With a structured program included. Go for it!

17. Alfaman147

Yes tom I have seen one many years ago so may go back if I need to. But as I speak to you now I have no pain at all. And I think it is because I haven't looked on the Internet or spoke about it all day

riverrat likes this.
  18. Tennis Tom

19. Alfaman147

Liz dyde in the uk

Tennis Tom likes this.
  20. Tennis Tom

Yes, she is on the TMS practitioner's list here and trained with Georgie Oldfield. If your symptoms persist I would recommend talking with her again.