1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Let's talk about Belief

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by dharn999, Jun 10, 2017.

1. dharn999

dharn999 Well known member

So I've been dealing with some pain the past year now after being healed from terrible chronic pain (95-99% healed). This entire time I have been focused on the stresses of my life and why the pain returned. All the while I have been deeply observant of my pain.

I've read my books, read this forum inside out, talked to many people about what I'm not doing correctly.

But recently it's hit me that I'm doing all of this in hopes that my pain will lessen and just go away. I've noticed that this time around i just don't feel the same mentally. And it has finally occurred to me that I am not believing.

I do all the physical elements I'm suppose to and I don't avoid them, but I dread the pain when I do them and the reason I am that way is lack of belief. I've asked a couple people on the forum what to do differently to create belief, but it has to be something that happens within myself

I can't really explain what belief feels like but I remember the relief that came over me when I first healed and I know I am not there right now. Lately I've felt better and I contribute that to my awareness of lack of belief (if that makes sense)

So I'm making this post not really looking for answers but to seek some reassuring (that's my OCD kicking in there) that others have been here, and I'm also hoping to help others who have been struggling, belief is key

2. Lavender

Lavender Well known member

I can't offer any advice but I certainly can identify!

3. Ryan

Ryan Well known member

4. dharn999

dharn999 Well known member

Your post is spot on, and the other is as well. Now if I can just get things I am reading to sink in.

I will say this, while my belief is still lacking, doubt has not consumed me like it was... this could be why I've seen improvements