1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Let's do this!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by TooTallTom, Mar 8, 2016.

1. TooTallTom

TooTallTom New Member

Here we go - day 1 of saying goodbye to back pain. Like I imagine many of you I was introduced to TMS through Dr Sarno's book. I read it 2 days ago, couldn't put it down, saw myself on every page, and felt the mystery had been solved. I was so excited that the misery and frustration of my back pain could be over at last. But I needed more. I had the 12 daily reminders but what was I going to do with all these repressed emotions, what techniques could I use to succeed, who was going to steer me in the right direction. Then I found this Wiki and the Structured Educational Program. What an awesome resource and a fantastic bunch of people to do this, share and help each other. Totally awe inspiring. Week 0 prep all done and Day 1 journal next. This is going to be an amazing journey........

giantsfan likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

hi, To. I'm tall too... 6 feet 2 inches, and my father was 6'6.

I am so glad you have begun the SEProgram because it healed me of severe back pain three years ago when I was 82. I thought I had done something to my back when I lifted a case of 36 cans of beer at the supermarket to bring home. It turned out my back was fine, but my subconscious thought it was about time it gave me some real pain so I would learn about TMS. I heard about it from a nurse friend and read Dr. Sarno, then took the SEProgram and discovered I had been repressing emotions from when my parents divorced when I was 7. I also learned that the guilt I had been carrying around fo years was not to be worried about. So welcome to this wiki and the TMS healing community. You are off to a very good start Keep us posted as to your progress in the SEProgram and ask ask any questions.

I am almost 86 now, not in pain and not sick or on any medication. I keep thanking the Lord for sending me the back pain because it has made me a much healthier and happier person, as it will you.

I like these two quotes. I laugh a lot and live in the present, two of my favorite ways to stay healthy:

Halle Berry: “Don’t take yourself too seriously. Know when to laugh at yourself, and find a way to laugh at obstacles what inevitably present themselves.”

Joan Rivers: “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is God’s gift, that’s why they call it the present.”

3. TooTallTom

TooTallTom New Member

Thanks Walt, love the quotes. I'm only 6' 4" so your father would tower over us both! My favourite quote, though I don't know who wrote/said it first is "To discover new lands you have to have the courage to lose sight of the shore." I've never done a forum before but am loving it already. Off to do Day 2's tasks.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

That's a wonderful quote. I just Googled but no one seems to know who said it.