1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 let us dwell, free from doubt

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by plum, Jul 7, 2013.

1. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Taking the plunge, commiting to the healing...
    I recently experienced a terrifying ramping of pain, and because I brux, I was really scared I'd damaged my teeth. I realised a while ago that I have had huge doubts about tms, despite the requisite check-ups. As time passed, doubt increased.

A couple of weeks ago, I felt I was losing the plot so I booked a same-day appointment with my dentist. Great news! All fine. My pain dramatically abated but has made a return. I am disappointed, who doesn't want immediate and lasting relief? But this time, tms has blown the gaff.

As a veteran of tmsing, I know that pinch of doubt has continually tripped me up. Even now I hear it's malicious whispers. So...I am intent on liberating myself, on pulling the tms weeds from my healing fields.
    I have no need for more knowledge, only the steady and mindful application of it.

It is the perfect Summer Day. Birds sing, trees sway softly. The men's final begins in five minutes so most people are indoors and the world is still. A nourishing first day.

2. Stella

Stella Well known member

I have had teeth pain for many years. I have used sensodyne for sensitive teeth for many years which helped some (placebo). Teeth pain is another one of those "unexplainable" pains. Now my teeth pain is gone. That TMS creeps in to every part of your body trying to create doubt.

You can do it Plum.

3. Lori

Lori Well known member

Every once in awhile there is one tooth that gets pain. The dentist had checked it years ago and said there was nothing there. he also gave me sensodyne that I used for awhile. So now when the tooth starts up, I go right to: what is bothering me? Usually can get rid of it in a day or two by some journaling or whatever adjustments (not physical!) I need to make!

Yes TMS can strike anywhere.

Keep in mind: you will heal as much as you believe that your brain is causing symptoms! :)

4. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

This is a tremendously wise statement. Knowledge is the cure for TMS, however most people acquire this knowledge simply by reading one book. From there it is all about learning how to apply this knowledge. Plum, you gave us a wonderful reminder on how to recover from TMS.

5. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Stella, thank you so much. It's profoundly reassuring to read your words.

Lori, absolutely yes. Even accepting the very real consequences of bruxism, the root cause is emotional. Seeing my dentist has teally empowered my ability to accept (beyond the cognitive level), that my brain is playing games. Thanks to you too for assuring me it can be beaten.

Forest, bless you. Your success story came to mind as I drove home from the dentist. I have always loved your certainty. I honestly feel that I'm on the home-run and thought the structured program would keep me on track. I've done a lot of emotional work over time so the ground is well-tended, the seeds of knowledge are planted and now I water them. I feel better and in less pain than in years.

6. Forest

I'm so glad to hear all of that, Plum! Also, we (Becca helped) made your incredibly wise quote into a picture for people to share on Facebook and elsewhere. Here it is:

[​IMG]

7. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Oh Forest, what a wonderful surprise to wake to! I'm beaming. Thanks so much to both you and Becca for creating this. I've set it as the wallpaper on my mobile so I shall be reminded each time I pick it up. Such a simple yet powerful way to foster healing. Warmest hugs and happy smiles to you, sweet healing angel.

Forest and Becca like this.
  8. Forest

I'm so glad you like it! Thank YOU for the inspiration :)