1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Leg Cramps at night for weeks

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Dgdamon, May 19, 2017.

1. Dgdamon

Dgdamon New Member

I'm a long-time TMS member and my life has changed dramatically over the years through John Sarno and Fred Amir's books and program. My primary issue for many years was debilitating low back pain, which has been vastly improved and is rarely an issue any more; when it is, the episodes are much shorter and less severe.

Starting 3-4 weeks ago I started having night time leg cramps, the kind that make you scream and throw yourself out of bed out of a dead sleep. Obviously no fun. I've had them in the past for a day or two here and there, but infrequent and overall not any kind of a big deal.

They've continued basically nonstop for the past 3-4 weeks. There are all kinds of suggestions for why this is, but nothing has changed since before I started having them and now. I recognize them more quickly at night so that I'm usually able to get up before the spasm gets too severe, but my sleep is interrupted nightly.

To be honest, I hadn't even thought about this possibly being TMS related until now. Does anyone have any experience with this, or thoughts about it?

Thank you!

2. David88

David88 Well known member

Yes, I went through a period of leg cramps that was probably TMS. It passed without any medical intervention.

Drink plenty of water, do some gentle stretching, take some Tylenol if it helps, and focus on what's going on emotionally.

3. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes... that's it . David88 is right. I had a series of them a few years back... I knew they were TMS but I would always forget about them by morning (funny how lazy we are)... when I finally took the time to 'inventory' where I was at, I realized they had started when I gave up my pad and went on a gypsy construction tour across america. . they were really weird too... like muscles I didn't know I had (LOL) particularly under the saddle?...as soon as I acknowledge that not having a 'home' is scary, they stopped.