1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 42 Last day.. starting another program

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by DontStopBelieving, Jul 11, 2017.

1. DontStopBelieving

DontStopBelieving Peer Supporter

So today is my last day with SEP. My symtpoms improved massively since I started it and last 2 weeks have been particularly insightful because I confronted some emotions hidden from my own mind. It made me realise how the work is never over, because there are so many experiences that we have that cause internal conflict. However, I also know that the pace allowing me to heal has to be slow. That is why I've decided to start Alan Gordon's TMS Recovery Program instead of redoing SEP. It is good to change a little bit and see what else there is to help. I hope that the members of this forum will not mind me posting the experience with the other program here. Alan Gordon mentions the evidence list in the first part of the program, that is something the TMS therapist I saw also said it is good to do. Has anyone done it so far? I found it very helpful.

2. Cat Lady 13

Cat Lady 13 New Member

I would like to hear how you are doing with the new program. I did listen to most of the audios and I read everything but it wasn't very long and just took a couple of days for me.

I read Scott Brady's book and will probably do that program after SEP. it's similar. I also want to read Steve O's book.

You might also want to try Schubiner's workbook called Unlearn Your Pain. I have done that one too.

3. DontStopBelieving

DontStopBelieving Peer Supporter

Hi CatLady, it seems like you have a lot of reading and working happening at the moment. Just remember not to overwhelm yourself with too much. I bought so many books and read so many success stories, in the end it was journaling and talking to a TMS therapist only once that helped me the most. Steve O's book is an interesting read, I'm half way through but my favourite one at the moment is The Gift of Imperfection by Bene Brown. The Schubiner's workbook didn't really do anything for me because I found it not engaging enough. SEP was better.

Mari likes this.
  4. Cat Lady 13

Cat Lady 13 New Member

I agree with you on Schubiner's workbook. I did not finish it. I am having more success with the SEP.

And I agree with you on overwhelming myself. I don't do the SEP every day. I don't feel like I need to rush through it. I am learning more by taking my time.

Mari likes this.