1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Kudos To Forest

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by RikR, Feb 18, 2013.

1. RikR

RikR Well known member

I have run community and internet based support groups and I know the commitment it takes to maintain them. I also know when most people recover they don’t stay around to help others.

I want to offer a round of applause to Forest for this great web site. I was totally lost before I found this group and and while I have not began to see any recovery his efforts in providing this place to go, learn and share have reduced my isolation and suffering.

It also presents a whole new paradigm outside my education and a new way to recover.

I want him to know that his efforts and his spirit of love and concern to spread the message is more than appreciated.

Thak You Forest !!!

veronica73 likes this.
  2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Thank you for the kind words. It is great to hear that this site and community has been helpful to you. As a Peer Network, though, the success of this site is really due to all of the wonderful people who are part of it. Posters like yourself, Eric, Walt, Lala, Leslie, Beach-Girl, Shanshu Vampyre, LivvyGurl, Quasar, sewmuch, Back 2-it , and everyone else really make it a wonderful place for people.

There are also a bunch of other people that have helped make this site, and organization what it is today. Peg started up the Q&A with an Expert program, which has since then been managed by Enrique. Hilary, Panda, and Andrew helped out a ton in writing and developing our initial wiki pages, and Jan was extraordinary in leading the transition to the new site.

Rinkey was the sole reason the Thank You, Dr. Sarno project was successful, and Matthew does a terrific job at managing the drop-in chat. The moderators (MorComm, Panda, Jan, Veronica, Pranav, Avi, and Jilly) are also huge in how successful that has become. And, of course, all the other members of the Leadership Team (Ollin, Lori, DavinaMarie, Sienna, yb44, Susan, Sandy, Brian) who do a wonderful job providing leadership and guidance.

Lastly and perhaps most importantly, are the people who take the time to come back and share their wisdom and support on our forum, to help others in the support forum and as they go through the steps of our structured educational program. You know who you are. :D Without judgment but with plenty of compassion, you provide help and invaluable guidance to people who are just starting out. This, I think, is the true heart of our Peer Network.

When I see all of these terrific people willing to volunteer their time and energy to help build this organization, I am truly touched. These are people who choose to stick around after they have recovered, so they can serve others. I am grateful for them everyday.

veronica73 likes this.