1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 2 Kids and Expectations

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by LindenSwole, Mar 8, 2018.

1. LindenSwole

LindenSwole Peer Supporter

That article posted for day 2 is pretty amazing. It's long and has some depth but it really lays out and made me think of things a little differently; even after reading so many books on the topic already.

It's difficult to trace back how far my TMS symptoms go. I've had allergies and asthma since I was a little kid so to unpack things going that far seems like a daunting task. I don't recall traumatic childhood memories that I haven't revisited already and I've been thinking on this for about 8 months.

The most serious started a year and a half ago with knee pain, then sciatica, then back, then neck pain. It has calmed down a lot since finding Sarno but I am seeking that extra hump.

Psychotherapy for the last 8 months has not gotten me any further it seems.

I resumed activity on day 1 and didn't limit myself in the least.

I am looking forward to working through the remainder of the program.

As a father of 2 little girls, being a husband, and being in software sales it isn't hard to find big mountains of stress in my life. I need to figure out the underlying root cause of why the situations are stressful, though.

JanAtheCPA likes this.