1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Just over 2 weeks and feeling good!

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by wendyd, Dec 9, 2014.

1. wendyd

wendyd Peer Supporter

I’ve had lower back pain for over 15 years. It started during a stressful time in my life and never fully left. I have periods when it has just been annoying and times when it has impacted my life. I read about TMS several years ago and saw myself, believed that’s what it was and tried to carry on with my life. I was fairly successful at carrying on with relatively normal activities, but I knew when to expect flare-ups (generally during times of stress).

On Nov 18, I woke up to my alarm and tried to get out of bed. I practically fell on the floor with the worst spasms in my butt. I could barely walk. I tried to walk it off, but it was awful. I was on the living room floor in tears. I didn’t know what to do. (Side note: What was going on that day? I had an early morning meeting with someone at work in a position of authority and whom I was angry with because of the way she was handling a situation directly related to me. I was suppressing my anger because it was not appropriate for me to express it.)

I went to the doctor to make sure it was nothing serious. I had an MRI. I was told I have spinal stenosis and compressed disk (blah blah blah). I wasn’t dying. I was told to see a neurosurgeon. I saw a chiropractor. On Nov 23, I started listening to my Divided Mind (Dr. Sarno) audio again and found this wiki.

Since then, I’ve been following the Structured Program: watching, reading, journaling (not as much as I should!), meditating, laughing. Today is my best day yet. I’m honestly feeling a little giddy and light-headed with how great I feel. I’m not saying I don’t feel a twinge, but holy cow, nothing like I was feeling. I am totally convinced this is TMS. I am not afraid. I am confident that I will be pain free. It has only been a little over 2 weeks, but I feel different. I am so thankful for this wiki and the support I have found. I will continue to work on this and encourage others to stick with it. Thank you to the people who support this wiki!

Another side note: I had a massage tonight. I told her to just do a relaxation massage…not deep tissue because I didn’t need that. As I lay there, I wanted to giggle at how good that felt. When I rolled over, I didn’t wince. Amazing. I told her what I was doing (TMS) and I think she will be signing up for this wiki soon!

Anne Walker and Ellen like this.
  2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

That is great news, Wendy.
    This sounds like a great path for you, Wendy. The journaling is helpful if it provides a foundation for understanding oneself, but as Dr. Sarno wrote, 'knowledge is the penicillin of TMS,' (not journaling). Many people, like myself, healed without doing any journaling. So if you are one of the lucky ones, that is great!

Anne Walker likes this.
  3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Wendy,
    How wonderful to have this success. What can I say except that these sentences need to be felt and repeated from your highest inner mountains!! And how nice they are for me to hear. Brings back the revelations I felt too. How wonderful.
    Andy