1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 2 Journalling and commitment

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Berend, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Berend

Berend New Member

3 Things that make me angry:
    -I am angry at my pains and symptoms, especially my fatigue.
    -I am angry at my father, he is rarely supportive and many times disrespectfull
    -I am angry at the work that belongs to my study is a lot of computer work which I do not hate as long as I don't have to sit at it for hours.

3 Things that make me sad:
    -I am sad that there are many activities in my life that I can't do anymore.
    -I am sad because we never had a really tight family because of problems in the house and divorce of parents.
    -I am sad that my father was always so critical to me and my siblings and never really supportive and loving.

List one of your favorite activities: Socially drinking a few beers with friends
    When was the last time you did this activity: 3 years ago
    How does this activity make you feel: Happy, loved, more exuberant
    How have your symptoms prevented you from doing this activity: I can't really handle beer anymore after a few I get sick the next day with headaches and vomitting. Like a really bad hangover after a few beers.
    Right now set a date to do this activity again: 1-12-19

List one of your favorite activities: Boxing
    When was the last time you did this activity: 2 years ago
    How does this activity make you feel: Happy, strong, sporty
    How have your symptoms prevented you from doing this activity: Got neckpain and headaches from it so I created the fear that I always get that now when I beat the sack.
    Right now set a date to do this activity again: 1-12-19

List one of your favorite activities: MMA
    When was the last time you did this activity: 4 years ago
    How does this activity make you feel: Happy, exuberant, could really use my energy
    How have your symptoms prevented you from doing this activity: Fatigue so I can't handle the pace anymore and I created an foot pain once which still plays up sometimes
    Right now set a date to do this activity again: 10-1-20

JanAtheCPA and ssxl4000 like this.
  2. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

Great post! You can meet those dates to do those activities again (but even if you don't, it's not a huge deal). Whether they go perfectly smoothly or result in some symptoms does not matter. There are no deadlines to getting better. The most important thing is losing your fear of doing these things. If you stick with the treatment, that should come in time.

JanAtheCPA likes this.