1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Jelly legs and unsteady falling feeling

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Artmuzz, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Artmuzz

Artmuzz Well known member

I have been through a lot of stress due to a tribunal hearing for disability benefit (PIP) I have next week and other matters. The hot weather hasn’t helped much either with my symptoms.

Since the past few days I have been feeling extremely nauseated, a lot of migraine headaches, tension and worst of all a scary unsteady falling feeling which is felt worse when I am up trying to make dinner, going for walks and going to the bathroom. My head feels weird as well.

I have been gagging (dry heaves) and this falling feeling is giving me jelly legs and making my muscles tense especially around the limbs, head and neck and making me scared. Also, another thing that is making this worse is the long hot sunny days. I cannot stay out for a length of time before becoming ill with the heat. I drink 2 litres of water a day but it isn’t making any difference.

I used to be fine in hot sunny weather but ever since having panic attacks and anxiety the hot weather just makes me ill. Could this be anxiety and TMS?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

This must be scary and discouraging, Artmuzz, but although I can't diagnose you, many of these symptoms are similar to ones I have experienced in the past, particularly digestive issues and shaky legs. I still struggle with different variations of dizziness when I'm stressed and repressing something.

The first question that occured to me is how the disability hearing relates to your TMS? Is there a possibility that you're experiencing something like an emotional conflict or dissonance because some part of your hearing might touch on symptoms which in fact are probably TMS? I can see someone's brain trying to repress that.

3. Artmuzz

Artmuzz Well known member

I agree with you that my brain could be repressing those fears of the disability benefit tribunal so I am getting the occasional aches and pains alongside dizziness, the horrible falling feeling and feeling sick. The hot weather is adding to the pain and feelings too.

I am really scared of my tribunal for disability welfare benefit because the last tribunal I went to was like an interrogation. It was awful and very stressful.

4. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

This is a great point. If nothing else I am sure TMS can overlay or form a hybrid. These tribunals are notoriously challenging though and sufficient to generate TMS in and of themselves. The way they treat people is simply appauling and it's all due to austerity cuts.

@Artmuzz

I hope the tribunal goes as well as possible. Do your best to self-soothe through it all and remember that most appeals are successful.

As for the weather, it is extraordinarily hot at the moment. I'm staying indoors for the most part because I'd fry like a crisp if I ventured out for too long. It is wearing. But a nice excuse to eat Magnums and Cornettos.

Be of brave heart.
    This time will pass soon enough.