1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Ive read Healing back pain, im sold! where do i go now?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by The Forechecker, Sep 2, 2015.

1. The Forechecker

The Forechecker Newcomer

I have bursitis in my shoulder and degenerative disc diesease, or so im told. I believe its all TMS.

What is a good book to help implement treatment for TMS. Im just lost as to where to start.

Im looking for the how to... meditate? process the pain mentally?

Sorry for sounding so lost.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. SunnyinFL

SunnyinFL Well known member

Hi Forechecker,

No apologies needed! You've found a great place to start - this wiki. Explore the different options, categories and see what is where. There are some great tips for how to get started. If you want to simplify your start and skip the hunting around, just click on the "Structured Educational Program," which we call the SEP. It is excellent! You can literally see what to do every single day for 42 days. It will walk you through the healing process. But, please, whatever you do, don't worry. If you skip a day, who cares? No one. It is most important to work at a comfortable pace - no pushing or obsessing. You'll soon learn all about your inner bully and how important it is to be kind and gentle with yourself. So, Day 1 is waiting! Good luck!

JanAtheCPA and mike2014 like this.
  3. The Forechecker

The Forechecker Newcomer

ok awesome, thanks!

4. SunnyinFL

SunnyinFL Well known member

You're more than welcome, Forechecker. Let us know how you're doing! Good luck!

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Forechecker. Yes, do start the Structured Educational Program.
    Another wonderful Dr. Sarno book on TMS healing is THE DIVIDED MIND.
    You can get a used copy at amazon.com books for a few bucks.

6. IrishSceptic

IrishSceptic Podcast Visionary

there is an absolute tonne of things you can do but you have all the info you need in HBP.
    the SEP is a good place to start. If you find you are doubting or not sticking to it or its not working then maybe you could seek out a Professional.
    By the sounds of it you are ready to go, so good luck and be sure to update with progress along the way.