1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

It wants to come back (low back, pelvic and sciatica)

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Mitch, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Mitch

Mitch Peer Supporter

after a long summer of feeling good and not having any major pain or discomfort, I can feel it and it wants to come back with a vengeance.
    Recently I had a job location change, home issues with wife and kids. And the perfectionist OCD me is not liking it.
    My job requires a lot of physic exertion and lots of hiking with heavy pack on my back fighting fires.
    During work I’m totally good. No pain, can hike and fight fires no problem for days at a time. Once I’m home, vacation or winter hits my 33 yr old body becomes a 80 years old me.

I bent down today and felt my low back get tight, instantly I had flashbacks of my body being cracked to one side like list time I had a relapse.
    I quickly though about what is bothering me or could be bothering the inner child in me.
    Came up with the following
    New job location
    Trying to impress everyone
    Want to be the best employee
    Worry about what they think about me.

I know it’s easy to say.....well stop worrying and F everyone lol.
    But for those with TMS, we know it’s ale harder then that.

Hoping to fight this one and not let it come to life.

2. Mitch

Mitch Peer Supporter

And it came back. Tried to fight it all day and it got me at the end of the day.
    Any advice to short live it.

3. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Mitch,

I think a lot of people get setbacks. For me it usually means I haven't been attending to the things going on on my life that cause tension. I have neglected meditation and have been rushing.

What about you? Do you think you were attending to self care during the recent changes in your life? Whatever self care worked before. Journaling? Meditation? Review Alan Gordon's program?

Hopefully you are back quickly.

4. Mitch

Mitch Peer Supporter

Ur right I wasn’t really taking time to reflect and to self care. And even the other day I was telling a coe worker about tms and that he should read sarnos books. And during the conversation I realized I had stoped living by his program.
    Then a day later after explaining to him what tms consisted of and what could be causing his problems I was telling him what caused mine and I think I resurface I’ll of my last emotions and current ones

Now here we are with a flare up.

5. keenie82

keenie82 Peer Supporter

It is easy to fall back. We all have set backs. At least this point you can recognize it as TMS. So now do some self care! And nurture yourself. Have a conversation with yourself about your stresses. This too shall pass. Just realize that you can work fine and it is when you are not busy that these 'emotions' are surfacing as pain. Sending you love.

6. Mitch

Mitch Peer Supporter

Thank you for ur comment. Believe they make a difference in ones life’s when a relapse hits. This site and the member have helped a lot.

7. readytoheal

readytoheal Peer Supporter

For me, thinking back on symptoms or a time I’ve been in pain can trigger pain. It’s bizarre. Maybe it just was triggered by fears that resurfaced during your conversations. All the more proof of TMS. Each flare tends to bring more awareness and a quicker recovery. Best of luck to you!