1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Is there a recommended sequence for the 3 support programs here?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by magicjim, Aug 3, 2019.

Tags:
  1. magicjim

magicjim Peer Supporter

Hi All!

I love Alan Gordon's Pain Recovery Program, but I noticed that there are two other programs here as well. Is there a recommended sequence in which they should be followed? The three programs are:
    • Pain Recovery Program
    • TMS Recovery Program
    • Structured Educational Program
    Thanks!

Jim

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Well, I guess I would say that Alan's first program, which is the older TMS Recovery Program, is more like an introduction, without a big time commitment. It might also be Alan's prelude to his Pain Recovery Program, which is much more substantial with distinct daily sections.

The SEP is the oldest program, developed by the founding nonprofessional volunteers of tmswiki.org, and it simply offers exposure to different viewpoints about TMS and different techniques for people to try, in small daily doses.

There's no recommendation or expectation to do all of them. I only ever did the SEP because Alan's programs didn't exist back then!

3. magicjim

magicjim Peer Supporter

4. sonia

sonia New Member

5. magicjim

magicjim Peer Supporter

I have not tried it, but withing the past hour (literally), I listened to a podcast where woman says that the Curable app was what finally brought her to healing. The podcast was called "The Mind and Fitness Podcast." It was episode 81, and the guest was Adriana Bucci. She paid for the year-long subscription, and was cured after a few months of work with the app.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  6. sonia

sonia New Member

That sounds hopeful, thank you! I will look for the podcast.
    They have a few free lectures and recovery stories on the app one can listen to before signing up. So far I like it.

7. JanAtheCPA

We've had a number of posts about the app, just put Curable into our search box, choose Titles only, and in the results, choose the tab for Our Forum Only.

I think the app has a lot to offer, and unlike our SEP, it's regularly updated!

8. JanAtheCPA

I listen to Eddy's Mind and Fitness Podcast every week, and I'm still catching up with older episodes. That one, and The Cure for Chronic Pain with Nicole Sachs. There is a gem in each episode.

HattieNC likes this.
  9. sonia

sonia New Member

Thank you very much!

10. Porpoise

Porpoise Peer Supporter

Yes. I joined Curable and it, together with therapy, is making a huge difference. Curable is basically a program on an app, but when you become a member you also get access to the Curable FB group, and there are aspects of that group that annoy me, but I think it's a terrific program, incorporating all the TMS principles (though not in a 'purist' manner). It's very gentle in approach and you can do the exercises (under the categories of Education, Meditation, Brain Training and Writing) at your own pace and in your own way.

11. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

I received mail from Curable a couple of days ago promoting an end of Summer sale. It looks like the offer is 40% off the yearly subscription. I’m not a member but thought I’d pass the sale details on lest anyone here be interested.