1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Is repetition the cure?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Pilot in pain, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

3. Anne Walker

Anne Walker Beloved Grand Eagle

Pilot, Alan Gordon and Derek Sapico are both in Los Angeles. Alan referred me to Derek because Alan costs a little more and I could not afford it. They have a whole section on here about Alan Gordon's recovery program and from his recordings I think he is just great. I never met Derek but I skyped with him for about 3 months. Its strange, I never met with him in person but because of the video exchange, I feel like I know him really well. It will be interesting some day to meet him in person and to compare. Derek is very, very good. I can be a little critical of therapists because I have seen more than a few and I think very highly of Derek. The only reason I temporarily stopped "seeing" him is that I wanted to try working with a Somatic Experiencing therapist. I operate so much in my head and I am in the process of trying to figure out ways to be in my body without focusing on pain and fear. The Somatic Experiencing is helping me a whole lot in this regard. The whole flight and fright response, I used to run in panic when I would experience uncomfortable physical sensations or I would find ways to distract my mind to avoid feeling the pain. Now I am learning how to direct my mind to the places in my body that are not in pain, helping being present in my body a little more manageable. This sounds weird but also learning how to experience my emotions physically. I thought I was so emotional but really I was running from my emotions. It is difficult for me to explain but I am noticing a lot of benefit from the Somatic Experiencing. That and everything else I have learned about TMS. Derek helped me a bunch too. I had not heard of that particular Candida test. I spent about a year working on Candida, eating no sugar and doing special cleansing diets and supplements. Its funny because I was working on a movie about 13 years ago in New York with Uma Thurman and when I heard that she was suffering from a yeast infection I gave her this enormous book how to cure Candida. She looked very surprised. I don't think she really wanted to give it that much attention! It may of all helped in some way, who knows, I am still alive! I don't think Candida creates the back pain though. It can effect your immune system and make you feel run down but clearing the candida was not a cure for me. I just created other symptoms to chase. It always seemed to be something and I couldn't really connect the dots before. Glad you are considering working with a therapist. I think it could really help. Be patient! Get that evidence sheet ready.

4. Anne Walker

Anne Walker Beloved Grand Eagle

Walt - yes I am that lady with the home care agency working with seniors! I wish you lived closer too but you seem to be doing just fine. I love reading your posts and it is very clear you are a good writer! Love all your stories about Annie too. We have three dogs, two mini donkeys, 6 chickens and 13 guinea fowl. Lots of action around here with that bunch. And I wished you lived closer so I could eat some of your soup! My husband makes great soup but it usually has a lot of cream in it.

5. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Pilot in pain)- I wish I could just say to heck with it and let it all go and just live my life but I just know my back will fall apart.

Eric)- This is your wish and its also the answer to your problem, you have got to let all the other treatments go so you can fully believe in knowledge therapy
    and you said you cant slow down? Well slowing down is exactly what you will have to do. Your to tensed and this causes strain which causes pain, your back will not fall apart and you have to trust that thought or you will have this fear holding you back from healing forever. So , now which will it be- knowledge therapy learned in a slow and controlled fashion or fear and pain. You got to go all the way- waste deep in Pilot, This is how you heal. You have a lot of good replies but only you can make the ultimate decision. If you read sarnos works over a hundred times and don't gather the info for change- well.

Were here Pilot

Bless you

6. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

I listened to the first interview last night, and I think it is SO great! It's like an owner's manual for being a healthy person.

Thanks so much, Walt, for posting this. I'm looking forward to listening to the second part.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  7. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Ellen, I'm delighted you enjoyed these. I had you in mind when I posted the link. Rick Hansen is great. I'm a huge admirer of his work.

Eric "Herbie" Watson and Ellen like this.
  8. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

I didn't see your original post of these. Thanks so much. I'll be listening to them many times and taking notes. There is so much there.

9. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Pilot, Herbie's right. The best advice. No magic pill, no doctor healing your pain.
    You have the power in your mind. Slow down and de-stress. It won't kill you.

I emailed Andrew Miller and said you'd be calling him. Make that Number One on your to-do list.

10. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Anne, I'm glad I found you again, the lady and husband who have an elder care business.
    I'd like to know more about it. Email me about it at waltmax69@gmail.com

I'm going to write about it in another Wiki forum thread on care-giving.

No hurry. When you have time.