1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

Is POTS and CFS/ME be helped by this program?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by AnnaKa, Jun 6, 2019.

Tags:
  1. AnnaKa

AnnaKa Newcomer

Hi,

I am just looking into TMS and figuring out if it can help me. I’m 29 years old and this is a little of my story...

I am hoping I can be directed to a program or practitioner that uses the Sarno approach, but for Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome and CFS/ME. I was also diagnosed by an emergency room physician as having conversion disorder, due to my symptoms having no cause based on my MRI results and CT scan. I have over 30 physical symptoms on a daily basis.

All of the programs I look at are focused on pain, like Nicole Sachs program and others. I was going to download the Curable app, but that is also for pain. Does anyone just focus on general body discomfort and fatigue?

I also looked at a few meditations, but they were about unlearning pain. I have some minor pain, but my other symptoms are much greater and have kept me completely bedridden for over 3 years.

Does anyone have advice for me?

Anna

2. AnonymousNick

AnonymousNick Peer Supporter

"Pain" and "symptoms" I think end up being interchangeable terms when it comes to TMS. For instance, there's so much more to Sarno's book "Healing Back Pain" than backs or even pain in some cases. Sarno has mentioned having visual migraines (I've had way more than a few as well), and they are not painful, but very distracting and upsetting. Anything that's pulling you away from living your life and is getting tied into fear or distraction is within the scope of TMS. I would say that you should feel free to apply anything about pain that you hear in TMS therapies to your own symptoms. Good luck!

Tennis Tom likes this.