1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

is it possible I may have TMS?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Mommygraves, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Mommygraves

Mommygraves New Member

Not sure where to begin. I was pointed as this website, because several family members think it screams my name.

My name is Valerie; I am a 35 yr old happily married mom of three children- ages 5, 4 and 3. We have a small farm on southern Delmarva, which consists of several species of chickens/roosters, guinea hens, and Chinese (White, and brown) Geese....along with 3 dogs, and 5 cats. I am a full time college student as well, Studying Hotel and Restaurant Management (Hospitality Mgmt/Business). I will graduate next May (2015). I am also the owner of Joyful Builder Design Services, LLC , an outdoor structural design firm that works Worldwide, designing and having built Pergolas, Gazebos, Pavilions, Outdoor Kitchens, etc.

My past includes an abusive father (verbal/mental), physical abuse from two ex husbands. Had a loaded gun stuck in my face and told to abort my child while pregnant. I obliged, then instead of going to have the abortion, flew back to my family's Northern state.

I have had many accidents over the years, some serious injuries. My medication list has 18 different drugs. I have been diagnosed with many different things, which I cannot stand, as I have always been one to hide it away and be the strong one....many things including Fibromyalgia, Liver Failure, Obesity, prior Bulemia, conjoined nerves in my spine, Rheumatoid arthritis, PTSD, Moderate Anxiety, Moderate Depression, asthma, COPD, IBS, Moderate Sleep Apnea, Heart Disease (CHF), high blood pressure (since age 13), high cholesterol (as of this year).....29 bone breaks, and the list can continue, but it is depressing.

I do see a Therapist once a week, and a Psychiatrist twice a month.

I am hoping that forcing my story out, I will stop downplaying it all, and face it head on, so I can be a better wife, mother, a happier, healthier me.

G.R., yb44 and Eric "Herbie" Watson like this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

You did well getting all of that out. For years we go and never think for a moment to face these scenarios to heal, it sounds like looking in the wrong direction but its not. Other than the liver failure and heart condition? You sound like you have a ton of tms to me. I hope your liver and heart are doing better?

Other than needing to know more about what the DRs said about your liver and heart -- you sound like a great person that just needs some structure as to the protocol of tms healing. TMS knowledge therapy is good for all things including your liver and heart but only after anything serious has been ruled out ok.

Answer me back and we will go from here ok. Yes you have TMS and you will benefit here wonderfully. Make sure to ask plenty of questions and join the SEP like as soon as possible ok. It's free and it's worth it. http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Structured_Educational_Program
    Bless You

G.R., yb44, Richsimm22 and 1 other person like this.
  3. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

Wow Valerie, you have what Steve Ozanich calls A Perfect Storm, a total breeding ground for TMS. As Herbie says there are some symptoms that may need a more physical focus but no harm at all reading up on TMS and how our repressed emotions can cause physical, mental and emotional symptoms. You also have much that is now positive in your life too. This will help see you through your journey along with all of us at the TMSwiki. Welcome to the forum and do keep us posted on your progress. You will get more support here than you can shake a stick at!:)

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Valerie. You have a lot on your plate (married, kids, working, studying, your own business), so it tells me you are a lot like me and
    wear more than several hats. I'm almost 84 and have two jobs, both on the computer, and just finished writing a book on TMS healing
    with Eric who gave you great advice on starting the Structured Education Program. Back pain led me to learn about TMS when I read
    Dr. Sarno's book, Healing Back Pain. I followed its advice and healed. Not overnight, but in a few months, when I made up my mind
    that the pain was 100 percent from TMS repressed emotions and not physical. You have have a few physical problems but I agree
    with yb44 that you should go ahead and work on your TMS while dealing with anything the doctors suggest.

Your background of divorces and abuse would give anyone TMS pain. Now think positive. You've learned about TMS and that it is
    the root of most of your pain. You will find studying TMS and healing techniques to be a wonderful life change that will lead you to
    be a happier, healthier person, wife, and mother.

The farm animals and pets sound great.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  5. Mommygraves

Mommygraves New Member

Thank you all for your responses so far. My mother in law actually pointed me in this direction, along with my husband. My heart has been clear for about 4 months now with no issues of recent, and with my liver, I have to make sure not to take tylenol, or drink to excess any more, but 2010 was the hard road, which is when Iwas hospitalized for the Liver failure. It is a day to day thing.

I am planning to come to these forums daily as part of my healing. I am not sure, though what the next step is?

Thank you so much, all of you.

6. njoy

njoy aka Bugsy

Mommygraves, I'd be shocked if you didn't have TMS. In fact, I wouldn't believe it. A lot of people say, "Is this real (physical) or TMS (psychological)?" -- I say they go together so why not work with them, together, to recover?

I'm really glad you found your way, here, and look forward to getting to know you. Your list of what you are doing in your life, right now, suggests you are a true member of the tms tribe!

7. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle