1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Is it GERD or is it food intolerance?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by harold155, Apr 3, 2022.

Tags:
  1. harold155

harold155 Newcomer

Hey peepz,

I've been struggling with GERD and additional symptoms like coughing up phlegm, asthma, digestive issues. I've had bloodtests in the hospital and a colonoscopy (not endoscopy). They only found a lactose intolerance (i dont eat lactose now), but no other allergies. Still I struggle to understand where my symptoms come from. Can food intolerances cause acid reflux? Because I mostly get these symptoms after I eat. Like a week ago I didn't have breakfast (not on purpose, was in a hurry) and went about my day and I realised I felt way better.

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

@harold155, we're not medical professionals here, so we can't answer that question for you. If you've been checked out by medical professionals and been told there is nothing wrong, then it's time to do the work that this forum is devoted to. We have two free programs here, the Structured Educational Program (SEP) on the main wiki, and the Pain Recovery Program here on the forum. The first recommendation is always to read one of the books by Dr. John Sarno, MD. Since you don't have back pain specifically, I would recommend The Mind Body Prescription, or The Divided Mind. You can get them used on Amazon, as e-books, or perhaps even check them out from your local library (a bigger city library should certainly have them).

Another free resource: our Success Stories subforum. You can do a keyword search on various digestive ailments to focus on stories from people who have recovered from them (in the search results, choose the tab for "our forum only")