1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Is IBS a TMS symptom?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by twocups88, Dec 21, 2021.

Tags:
  1. twocups88

twocups88 Well known member

Hello all. I have a lot of classic TMS symptoms. I have been diagnosed with panic, Interstitital Cystitis, anxiety. This week the Dr. thinks I may have IBS. It all started a few weeks ago after a bout of bad diarrhea. Was just wondering if IBS is TMS? I am freaking out about this. Don’t feel like doing another limiting diet. Tried that with IC. But everything I eat causes symptoms. Sick of all this.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2021
  2. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes and Double Yes. It's on Sarno's list and pretty much every other TMS professionals list.

Cap'n Spanky likes this.
  3. twocups88

thank you. I’m just not sure if it is for me because it happened after a bad stomach infection

Cap'n Spanky likes this.
  4. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

Yep. I'd say so. Mine got much, much better when I treated it as such.

5. PainNoMore

PainNoMore Peer Supporter

twocups - i've been going thru the same thing. and i've figured out that (like practically everything else that comes up) it's TMS. and what should've been a dead giveaway to me was that it first happened on Thanksgiving day. holiday stress and all that goes with that. it's amazing to me how tricky and sneaky TMS can be. even though i'm very aware of it, i still think of all the physcial things that could be causing whatever the problem is.

so be nice to yourself, meditate and journal it out. i can tell by your "i'm sick of all this" comment that you have some stuff you need to unload.

6. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Fear is your biggest enemy. There is nothing wrong with you structurally, so calm down, tame your fear, and you will be OK!

Cap'n Spanky likes this.
  7. twocups88

Thanks y’all. I know it’s fear related. I can feel it. But the part the freaks me out is after I eat something I have to use the restroom. How do you deal with that?

8. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

If you haven't already, I'd suggest checking out Alan Gordon's somatic tracking and outcome independence, to deal with symptoms.

9. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

This is likely a conditioned response. It's hard to let go of these associations--when I do A, it causes B. But it is a mirage. Tell yourself you have TMS and nothing is wrong with your body. Read about TMS and work a program. Give it a little time.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2021
    Cap'n Spanky likes this.