1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Is Alan Gordon program completely in the Structured program?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Branson, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Branson

Branson Peer Supporter

Ive read lots of tms books. And scurried about the internet. The tms recovery program of Alan Gordon rings my bell I guess. So I started the Structured 6 week and wanted to know is Alans enfolded within it? Or should I do both? Or do Alans.

Has anyone a book suggestion that goes along well with Alans program? He seems to really emphasize kind self treatment and emotional feeling/expression. Whereas other books seem more cerebral. Is there a tms book I missed that is more like this?

Thanks.

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Branson, welcome to the forum, and OMG, what a cute kitty! (Yeah, I'm a cat lover). Is that the real Branson? Or are you just a big Downton fan? :D

I think that Alan's program is a great adjunct to the SEP, for all the reasons that you stated. Once you've done the SEP, it probably won't take very long to do Alan's program, but he is definitely all about learning to go deeper within yourself, and get in touch with your inner child. Before he contributed his program, I found that just listening to a couple of his early webinars (still posted somewhere here on the forum) really wonderful and helpful in turning that emotional corner for myself.

If you suffer from anxiety (and who here doesn't?) many of us found Hope and Help For Your Nerves, by Dr. Claire Weekes, enormously helpful and calming - written in 1969 well before Dr. Sarno started developing his TMS theory!

Another resource I liked, which also helped me soften towards myself, was the movie version of You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay.

Finally, many people have said over and over that a major part of their success was getting serious about establishing a mindfulness meditation practice. I've finally begun to take that seriously myself, having completed the recent Mindfulness Summit and learned that it doesn't take a huge commitment of time or effort to start. And about how incredibly good it is for our brains and overall mental health.

Anyone else have recommendations for Branson?

Alyssa5 likes this.
  3. Branson

Branson Peer Supporter

Thanks Jan. Yup Im in Branson MO.

"soften towards myself" is such a key I am thinking. I will watch it this morning.

Click here to view this on Vimeo

I do have Claire Weekes a couple cds and books. I will begin to give a listen.

On another post you put about Annie Hopper and her Dynamic Neural Retraining. Maybe I will buy that.

I am someone who has known about tms, gave it a try and gave up. I had the Gupta program. Same story.

What has brought me back? Why am I now serious to work until?

It was this sermon. So I watch it to reignite a passion and direction to get healed. The why of getting healed.