1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Ira Rashbaum

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Pilot in pain, Oct 10, 2013.

1. G.R.

G.R. Well known member

njoy, WOW!!! That Ted Talk is really inspiring to me. It gives me a whole new perspective on stress.
    I think one of things I have been concerned about is how all these symptoms are effecting my health.
    I am definitely going to make a paradygm shift in how I think about stress: when I feel my heart racing
    or my neck tightening, I am going to tell myself that is just me adjusting to new transitions in life.
    I feel like a weight has been taken off me.

Thank you njoy for posting that excellent video!!!

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

GR that's wonderful. Too bad he can't clone himself and be available everywhere.

3. G.R.

G.R. Well known member

Yes, Dr. G was amazing!!!

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

He restores my faith in doctors.

5. Pilot in pain

Pilot in pain Peer Supporter

Hey GR. Thanks. I really feel like I need to get help with this process from someone. I only thought about Ira because he was mentioned in the books. I live in Utah so I dont have anyone near me that knows anything about TMS apparently but I have friends in NY and in the Bay area I could stay with so I figured I would try Ira. He responded to my email and I just sent him my story. I am positive it has to be TMS as I fit every page of the book. Had you seen Paul before and could you outline a little of the plan of attack if you can only go see him for a day or two as I would have to fly in and stay in a hotel for a few days and then see him. What would he do during that time or what did he do for you. Putting a smile on this face is concept I can not even fathom these days. Glad to hear it is working for you! After reading all this info I am so pissed off at my own brain now I want to cut it out and get a transplant! I enjoyed reading your post on how you list the stressors in your head when you start feeling pain to bring the mind's attention to them to cut it off at the pass so to speak. I will get the knack of this eventually if it kills me ! hehe. I just dont know which issues I have down in there that could be causing the troubles and think the process may be more effective if someone that knows what to look for does the asking.

6. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Pilot,
    Reading your posts I see you're full of fire, clarity, and steadfastness. It think these qualities will serve you as you refine how you engage the TMS. Do the journaling/self program, and don't let up. Don't let up. And be patient (steadfast) with the process. And if you can get to a good doctor who can confirm this diagnosis, one who, as Steve knows, is a powerful educator, you are on your way. I had an email consult Dr. Sopher (remote, not in person), and this interaction really helped me. I needed the confirmation. The doubt that TMS is causing the pain goes very deep. As he told me: "In order to make progress, you must to refute the diagnosis of 14 doctors. It has to be done, and it isn't easy." His encouragement was a huge support in this task. Get the support you need, in any way possible to undermine your conditioning!

7. Pilot in pain

Pilot in pain Peer Supporter

Hey Andy, I guess my problem is that I have been to 22 doctors and none of them can tell me why I am in pain. I have a few abnormalities but no definitive reason my back is in pain. I guess that is easy to refute when no one can tell you what is wrong so my pain seems to be way over blown for the issues I have. I will keep doing the program till it is done and see where I stand and if I have to I will be going to see someone. Thanks everyone!

8. njoy

njoy aka Bugsy

Love the new slogan, pilot: If you don't mind, it don't matter!"

It's amazing to me that an idea, a mere opinion, can have so much power. People died when they thought stress was bad for their health. People lived when they didn't think that. Goes to the power of the "neme" and how important it is to be careful what you accept from others and what you pass on as "truth".

I've been a negative thinker all my life and thought, "Well, I'm not happy but at least I'm realistic". Time to give that up because it ain't necessarily so.

9. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Great to know you're benefiting from the Structured program.
    It's a great way to heal.