1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Introduction

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by GTRYDER, Dec 10, 2020.

1. GTRYDER

GTRYDER New Member

Good afternoon, my name is Ryan (39 years old) and I have been battling strange issues my entire life. Prostatitis, neck pain, back pain and other random ailments for almost as long as I can remember. I will sometimes go years without symptoms, but something strange eventually happens and takes 12 to 24 months to resolve itself after trying every therapy imaginable, but never feeling like any specific therapy helped the pain go away. I'll go get x-rays, MRI's and other testing and nothing is ever found. Its gets frustrating having doctors tell you they do not have an explanation for my symptoms. I'm very active and usually "play through" any pain, but it weighs on the mind and eventually gets quite depressing.

I have currently been battling low back pain for almost two years. Nothing is found on my x-rays or MRI's but the pain is a constant presence. After reading Dr. Sarno's Healing Back Pain I am convinced I have TMS. I can be quite obsessive and my personality certainly fits the description. I fully accept the diagnosis and I'm committed 100% to working through this condition. I do not really have any doubts since I've tried everything else and have nothing to lose.

Thanks for listening!

Hedger and Baseball65 like this.
  2. hollywood

hollywood New Member

Gytyder.

Wow that sounds like my story exactly. I went through 24 months of chronic daily headaches. Visited tons of doctors and had multiple treatments with no real success.
    Then I stopped trying to get better and one day my headaches just stopped. I had good five years without pain. However, 15 months ago I developed CPPS. Since then I found out about TMS and it is the only rationale explanation for my persistent pain now and in the past.

I believe we will get better is our own time!

GTRYDER and Hedger like this.
  3. Hedger

Hedger Well known member

Looking forward to following your progress GTRYDER!

Good luck to you

GTRYDER likes this.
  4. GTRYDER

GTRYDER New Member

So far so good...

Between Sarnos books, CD and this program I am feeling a lot better.