1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Bonnard is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Introduction. New to the forums

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by talldrinkofwater, Jul 19, 2017.

1. talldrinkofwater

talldrinkofwater New Member

Hello. I've been suffering from various TMS and equivalent symptoms most of my life. Back pain, neck pain, knee pain, chronic diarrhea, hives, insomnia.

I have gotten some relief through Sarno's books, but I am stuck in the symptom imperative that he talks about. Diarrhea goes away, my knee starts acting up. Knee pain goes away, I break out in hives. Hives go away, its neck and back pain.
    A couple months ago I had insomnia and hives.....a really great combination if you like to stay up itching and scratching until you bleed all night. That was awful.

I am on day 27 of the structured educational program. I have been very hesitant to post here, but I think it will help. Even as Im writing this I want to re-read it 10 times to make sure all my words are PERFECT.
    Thats what I do. Everything's gotta be perfect or you won't like me. At least I'm aware of it now and thats a relief.

I just wanted to say hello and get started. I hope sharing my experience will help me understand this better.

Thanks!!

Lily Rose, plum and MWsunin12 like this.
  2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome to the Forum!

I already like you :)

Keep us posted on how you're doing.

Lily Rose and plum like this.
  3. talldrinkofwater

talldrinkofwater New Member

Thanks! Will do.

4. MWsunin12

MWsunin12 Beloved Grand Eagle

I hear you. My Symptom Imperatives can change every half-day now. Wheeee! I figure it's like those old childhood playground merry-go-rounds. It will pick up speed and eventually be flung off! That's what I'm counting on.

Stay hopeful. Unknown.jpeg

Ellen, Lunarlass66 and plum like this.
  5. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Hello wavea

Please don't be hesitant. Posting on the forum leads to much transformation and healing. This is a rare and beautiful community and exists entirely because we share and support each other. Your sense of humour is definitely welcome.

Plum x

Lily Rose and Lunarlass66 like this.