1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Introducing myself

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Fernando, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Fernando

Fernando Peer Supporter

Hello everybody

I’ve been reading the forum for some time but haven’t introduced myself until now. I’m 40 have been dealing with a lot of symptoms since I was about 27. These include (in order of appearance): right knee pain, neck pain sometimes radiating to my right arm when using the mouse, writing, motor biking…, calf pain, clogged left ear (sometimes) and tense jaw, shortness of breath, right hip pain and the latest dizziness. Obviously all of this comes along bouts of anxiety.

Nonetheless to say I went through countless MRI, CT scans, blood tests (all kinds), X rays and all seems to be OK so they can’t find anything wrong with me.

I had read Sarno’s book a few years ago and found it to be the most reasonable explanation, plus I found myself identified with the personality traits he mentions. Now I’m reading the books again and more thoroughly plus TGP and started SEP (day 6). I had never really taken the time to journal and sometimes I’m scared of my feelings and emotions, the pen seems to slide by itself on the paper like evil…

It’s been (and it is) so much suffering for me and my family that I feel I’m starting to lose control and my life is spiraling down.

Nice to meet you all and my best wishes in your journey.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Fernando. Welcome to this web site and the TMS healing community. I'm 86 and had severe back pain two years ago. A nurse told he to read Dr. Sarno's Healing Back Pain and I realized the pain came from built-up
    and repressed emotions going back to my boyhood. I healed within weeks after finding journaling helped meto forgive my parents and older brother for causing me emotional stress.

I'm glad you're in the Structured Educational Program. Journaling can be stressful, bringing to the surface long-repressed emotions, but it does pay off.

Don't feel discouraged about how long it will take to heal. Be patient and keep reminding yourself that your pains are from emotions and that nothing structurally is wrong. Anxiety can cause all your symptoms. Try to be positive and live in the present, but with a strong belief that TMS belief will heal you.

Fernando likes this.
  3. Fernando

Fernando Peer Supporter

Thank you for your warm welcome Walt:)