1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Introducing All The Rage, an upcoming film about TMS and Dr. John Sarno

Discussion in 'About This Site' started by Forest, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Some of you may have heard that there is going to be a new documentary about Dr. Sarno and the story of how pain is treated (or, more accurately, mistreated) in the world today. I couldn't be more excited about this documentary because it will help spread the word about TMS by telling Dr. Sarno's story and informing the people that the mindbody approach can help them.

The documentary, titled All The Rage (formerly Story of Pain), is produced by a production company called Rumur. The film's director is Michael Galinsky, who works with his wife Suki Hawley. Their past credits include a number of critically acclaimed films, including Battle for Brooklyn, Horns and Halos, and Who Took Johnny. Dr. Sarno has given them tremendous access, as have many other leading thinkers and writers in the TMS movement, including Howard Stern, Gabor Mate, Howard Schubiner, Steve Ozanich, David Clarke, Larry David, and many others. Needless to say, I can't wait to see the final product.

Today I'd like to introduce Caroline (@Caroline Rumur). Caroline works with Rumur, helping to spread the word about the film and TMS. Last week, I had the pleasure of having a wonderful conversation with her and director Michael Galinsky. His vision was quite inspiring and I am grateful to Caroline for her work in helping to spread that vision.

I am also very happy to be able to welcome her to our community. During the coming months, she will be telling us about the film and sharing fascinating clips and other content that they have.

Welcome to our community, Caroline!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  2. Enrique

Enrique Well known member

This is awesome and very exciting!

Caroline Rumur likes this.
  3. Caroline Rumur

Caroline Rumur Well known member

Thank you so much!

I am so excited to bring information about the film to TMSwiki! For ten years now, Rumur has been working on this film and we feel now the world is ready for the story. We have a lot of great footage of Dr.Sarno over the past ten years. As most of you know he is a very humble, private man so we feel very honored that he has allowed us to share his important story with the world.

We want this film to bring awareness to the world about TMS, so we can help so many who suffer from chronic pain.

I am very excited to be a part of TMSwiki and you hear all your thoughts!

4. Caroline Rumur

Thanks Enrique! Its so great to start telling you about the film!

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  5. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Great, I cannot wait :) Hopefully, more people will open their eyes and understand the significance of Dr Sarnos work. A documentary is much needed and hopefully, you will be able to find a home for it on Netflix where it can reach the huge audience it deserves. If the public buy into it, the medical world will have no choice but to listen and change. I see a shake up happening :) Good work :)

6. Caroline Rumur

Yes! This is exactly what we think will happen. Dr.Sarno's ideas are just so brilliant that we believe this documentary about his work will really make people open up their eyes and help all those with chronic pain.

7. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

This is wonderful news! Welcome to our community Caroline!

8. Caroline Rumur

Thanks so much Ellen!

9. leah10

leah10 New Member

After living with pain for 10 years, I finally found Dr. Sarno's research and the TMS Wiki. Each day, I spend time with the Structured Educational Program. Today, is Day 10 of Week One. All those years, I exercised through excruciating pain. I spent innumerable hours worrying about my pain, thinking about my pain, tendering to my pain, and chasing treatment after treatment. After one week on the TMS Wiki, I am pain free, enjoying my exercise regimen, and moving through my life with greater awareness of my stressors. Thank you, Dr. Sarno and all those who gave me back my life.

10. MatthewNJ

MatthewNJ Well known member

Welcome Caroline. I was lucky enough to be a patient of Dr. Sarno's. That sounds a bit funny, but I know anyone hear reading that will know it saved me from a lifetime of pain. I have been in contact with Caroline and she provided me with some great resources to read up on Rumor.
    http://rumur.com/we-have-the-science/
    http://rumur.com/bigger-than-life/
    http://rumur.com/the-message-of-pain/
    Rumur is going to help accelerate the spread of this amazing knowledge. And as Dr. Sarno said "knowledge is the 'penicillin' for this disorder"

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  11. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Caroline, SO glad you're here! welcomea

12. tarala

tarala Well known member

Hi Caroline, great to have you on the forum. I can't wait to hear more about such a timely film.

13. Pandamonium

Pandamonium Well known member

This is great news, I look forward to seeing the film. I have been pain free since I started learning about TMS in 2008, prior to that I was in excruciating pain with my back and had to use a wheelchair at times. After I managed to become pain free I started a new hobby of ice skating with my kids. We have all learned to jump and spin! I recently entered a figure skating contest. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I could do sport again. All thanks to Dr Sarno!

me skating.jpg

14. Pandamonium

Pandamonium Well known member

oh and welcome Caroline :):)

15. Caroline Rumur

leah10,
    What an amazing story!! This is exactly what we hope will happen when we release the film, that people will be healed by hearing the ideas of Dr.Sarno.

MatthewNJ,
    Thanks! And thank you for sharing those links about Rumur. What a great quote from Sarno!

North Star,
    Thank you so much!! I like your cute puppy picture too! :D

tarala,
    Thanks! I am excited to share information about the film with you!

Pandamonium,
    Thanks! This is a beautiful picture. So inspiring! I am from Michigan where we love ice skating so this is so wonderful to hear that Dr.Sarno's ideas allowed you to enjoy this sport!! :) I am excited to keep you informed about the progress of the film.

16. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

This is wonderful news! Welcome to the most caring and loving forum around Caroline!

17. Caroline Rumur

Thank you!! :D

18. Colly

Colly Beloved Grand Eagle

Hurry up! We're itching to see it!! :)

mike2014 and Caroline Rumur like this.
  19. Caroline Rumur

It's great to hear your interest! :)

20. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Pandamonium. Your ice skating success story is wonderful.
    It must be especially joy for you to skate with your kids.

Caroline Rumur likes this.