1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Intimate relationship issues and pain...

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by thecomputer, Jul 2, 2017.

1. jaumeb

jaumeb Peer Supporter

It would be more accurate to say that I believe there is a connection between autism and TMS. I have spent time looking into autism and it is as crazy as TMS. Allergies, migraines, eczema, depression, anxiety, photophobia, digestive distress, ... seem more common among the autistic population. Every autistic person has different triggers/obsessions ... much like in TMS. Both autistic patients and TMS patients have this tendency of spending time in their own head overthinking stuff and sometimes distorting the reality instead of staying connected to others and having a social perception of reality (which is also distorted in its own ways).

Reading TMS forums and autism forums I perceive there is a lot in common.

The reason I brought up autism was because I saw you intention to "escape", to find a a place to be alone with your own thoughts. You seemed to think that if you could be alone things would be better. My experience is exactly the opposite. In my case, spending time alone makes me much more vulnerable to TMS.

Tennis Tom likes this.