1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Intense TMS Sciatica Pain

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by danny1943, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Danny. You are doing fabulous. Your determination to heal is part of TMS, to believe in the MindBody theory of Dr. Sarno. At Mass this morning the priest talked about the triple benefits of meditation, faith, and prayer. He used the example of Wilma Rudolph who had polio as a girl and one leg was bent inward. She was determined to walk and did after about a year of meditation, faith, and prayer. She not only walked but won three Olympic gold medalsfor track. How about that for an inspiration story? She didn't know it, but what she did is called TMS healing.

Go ahead and cry when you feel like it. Nothing wrong in that. More men should cry. It's good for the mind and body. When men are in emotional situations and don't cry, that repressed emotion can cause TMS physical pain. Another thing I like besides a good cry is to laugh. Laughing always makes me feel better.

Keep up the great work in the SEProgram.

2. danny1943

danny1943 New Member

Thanks Walt, It really did feel good to cry even though I didn't know why I was crying. And yes, growing up, boys in tough Okla. weren't supposed to cry.

3. danny1943

danny1943 New Member

Today I got the results of the MRI. So I have 5 bulging discs, 1 herniated disc, some spinal stenosis, spondlyosis(which I misspelled), and degenerative disease. Pretty extensive. The doctor said I should consider epidural injections and then surgery to scrape off the fluid from the herniated disc. Man! All that sounds gruesome. And, of course, confirms for me that I do have TMS. I recall Dr. Sarno saying that the idea that a simple herniated disc could cause such intense pain is ridiculous. Although I am getting better and having lots of exception experiences there are still times that the pain is very severe. I quit taking any kind of pain killer for now as my stomach was acting up.

Reading all these sharings is incredibly helpful. And I've found journaling about past trauma events is so important.

4. danny1943

danny1943 New Member

Is there a way to make a new post instead of replying to one?

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

There is. It's where it says Make a New Thread, at the top right of the General Discussion Subforum. Also take a look at the Off-Topic subforum to see if it belongs there.

6. danny1943

danny1943 New Member

OK, thanks Walter. Is this how I would make a new post in this forum?