1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Instead of pain weird feeling or sensation?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by vanessa30, Aug 3, 2016.

1. vanessa30

vanessa30 New Member

Hi,
    i just found out about this TMS thing After doing doctor Shopping for almost 10 years.
    I have chronical tense muscles And tension headaches but The worst thing is i have a weird Sensation between My bellybutton And My Genital area (uterus area) there are no words to describe it but its NO pain! Sometimes there is also an arousal like feeling in My Genital area. It Shows up sometimes every day for 3 months And sometimes its almost gone for 3 months. It was really Bad whenever there were changes or life Events ( left for College,end of College,Breaking up with My Bf After 8 years, After giving birth) I feel like its getting worse with The onset of My Period And Ovulation. When it is reslly Bad i just wanna kill Myself And i feel like im losing My mind. There is no Connection with negative or positive Events. It comes out of nowhere- when Im happy or when im upset,it Doesnt matter.
    Does this Sound like TMS to you?
    As i live in Europe there is no TMS therapist around unfortunstely.
    I have a conflicted relstionship to My parents, a narcistic mother who abused me emotionally And i was bullied really Bad as a child.
    Thsnks for reading this

2. Ines

Ines Well known member

Do you also have the personality traits of a TMS person? Are you a goodist or perfectionist? Have you read any of the TMS books? If so, do you think you fit the profile?

3. vanessa30

vanessa30 New Member

Its hard to tell. Im definetely not a goodist but also not fully a perfectionist. I read Sarnos Book and right now "unlearn your pain" by Schubiner. It Really Makes sense to me. The only thing Really is That there is no Connection between The Symptoms and my thoughts and Emotions. I Already did a Symptom diary with my Psychotherapist and we couldnt find a connection.

4. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Vanessa,

Welcome to the forum and I'm sorry that you're having such a difficult time. Please be assured, there is hope and light, just find the courage within and you can overcome any struggle.

I'd say, if you've seen a conventional Dr and they've ruled out anything serious, to proceed as TMS.

People usually consult with a TMS therapist because it provides certainty in the diagnosis and helps reduce some of the doubt, uncertainty and fear associated with ones ailment.

With regards to personality traits, you may or may not be a perfectionist or goodist. However, a few really important points that stood out in your post are:
    • It was really bad whenever there were changes or life Events (left for College, end of College)
    • Breaking up with My Bf (after 8 years, after giving birth)
    • I have a conflicted relstionship to My parents, a narcistic mother who abused me emotionally And i was bullied really Bad as a child.
    These are definitely all life stressors that can increase our reservoir of rage and lead to the causation of TMS. When we talk about TMS it's important to realise, it's repressed emotions (mainly anger) that we are dealing with, ie that which is deep rooted in the subC and not felt. So more than likely, trying to find the exact connection will be frustrating and add fuel to the TMS fire.

I'd say continue reading Dr Sarnos book and working through Dr Schubiner's workbook, after all knowledge is the key. However, try not to over think healing.

From personal experience, try to spend a healthy amount of time on healing and enjoy the fruit of life, however limited that may be at the moment. Try to express gratitude and be thankful for all you have, whilst perhaps incorporating a meditation practice into your life. Meditation is scientifically proven to help calm ones mind and see with greater focuss and clarity. It can also help us become more present and to learn to acknowledge, rather than react during a trying time.

Please also know that you've joined a caring forum with some wonderful souls who are full of knowledge and insight. Please don't be afraid to ask questions, we're all here to help one another.

May you regain your health and find happiness within.

With warmth, kindness, light and hope

Mike

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    Gigi, Ines and plum like this.
  5. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

The first thing to understand is that it's an unconscious process. Many people feel they are not goodists or perfectionists, but they are in the extreme. To be perfect doesn't mean to be perfect at all things, only in those that matter to you. Also, the correlation of life events could be at the subconscious level. The sub-c knows no time. The conscious is constantly triggering it.

Lavender and Boston Redsox like this.
  6. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Gorgeous reply. x

vanessa30 likes this.
  7. vanessa30

vanessa30 New Member

Thanks for your answer. I agree but do you think my symptoms Sound like tms to you? And i started this SEP Programme plus resding Sarno and Schubiner exercises. But there is still a Voice inside me telling me it Will Never go away even if it is tms.im having it for too long

Jane.Fearless likes this.
  8. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Vanessa,

Yes, it sounds like TMS and yes, it will go away. I've had TMS for over a decade and it is finally packing its bags and fecking off. Happy days.

9. vanessa30

vanessa30 New Member

Thank you so much for your answer. Even though there is no logical Connection Between my Symptoms life Events and the triggered Core issues (did this schubiner List today) i still Hope its TMS. It Makes sense but my mind has trouble to accept it behause even if i Dont think at all or i Feel good The Symptoms Are there and they Dont Tell me anything. Tried a Lot of Different approaches