1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Insomnia, Urinary & pelvis issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by irishlondon, Mar 19, 2017.

1. irishlondon

irishlondon Newcomer

Hey everyone

It's my first day on the forum and I'm so thankful I found this place.

I'm Rob, 34 years old and male. For the past 7 days I've been experiencing urinary frequency, discomfort in lower abdomen and pelvis and crippling anxiety and insomnia. The doctor has run the tests and they are clear.

I know 7 days doesn't seem long at all. But I had the exact same symptoms 5 years ago when I was tested throughly and everything was clear. Then I just tried to get on with life, attended some physiotherapy and gradually the symptoms went away.

Now they are back. And I've a history of odd symptoms over the last few years which have come and gone and which the doctors could find no reason for. I've had tinnitus, IBS, burning mouth, burning legs and frequent issues with insomnia.

My current urinary symptoms arent there all the time...they are worst when I lie down in bed and start becoming anxious about not sleeping. The symptoms start, then I don't sleep then symptoms become worse. Oddly after a good nights sleep, the anxiety is much lower and the symptoms are much reduced or barely there at all.

Does this sound like TMS to you?

Thanks again for creating a fantastic site

Rob

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome to the Forum!

Yes, your symptoms sound like common manifestations of TMS. I have also had the insomnia coupled with urinary frequency, along with other TMS symptoms over the years. If you put the names of your symptoms into the search box in the upper right corner, you will find many threads on these topics.

You don't mention what treatment strategies you're using. Are you reading TMS books and doing some of the treatment strategies? I suggest taking a look at Alan Gordon's Recovery Program, especially the concept of Outcome Independence, that is available on this site as a good place to start. You are correct that your anxiety about not sleeping is what is keeping you awake and feeding the urinary frequency. Only when I applied the concept of outcome independence to these symptoms, did I get relief.

Glad that you found us. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

3. irishlondon

irishlondon Newcomer

Hi I haven't started any treatments yet. I'm not sure where to start. And my anxiety and insomnia are making me feel very scared just now. I just can't sleep.

4. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

Hi Rob,

Welcome to the forum.

You description of symptoms and their patterns fits TMS. If you can join me for a free workshop on Rapid Recovery from Back and Neck pain. I will go over the steps in my Nine-Step Rapid Recovery Plan and help you practice it during the workshop.

It will give you some concret tools to put you on the road to recovery. For more information visit
    www.fredamir.com

Take care,

5. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Good places to start are available free on this site: Alan Gordon's Recovery Program and the Structured Education Program. And read books on TMS--Sarno, Ozanich, Schubiner and many others.

Best wishes........

6. Mrs Dependable

Mrs Dependable Peer Supporter

Anxiety is pretty grim, so sorry that you're suffering. Check out Nicole Sachs on YouTube, I can't sing her praises enough. Yes and keep reading dr S and listen to his interviews on YouTube. Plus Steve Ozanich and as people said all the stuff on this site that are available.